When new session starts...

I'm in GMT +1 time zone, so session closes on Friday at 23:00 and then started on Sunday at 00:00, and when it does, price seems to drop or went high, many times for 50-80pips, sometimes more...

My question here is...Is it somehow possible to catch that pips, or mabey a half of them...

It would be nice week start

Even if the brokers are closed the currency exchange doesn't stop. Normally that gap in the market is from either some kind of event or news witch happened during weekend time ... The only way to trade these gaps is to go into a trade friday just before you broker close the feed.

So basically...its not good idea, to trade that ?

To, lets say...on Friday, 1minute to close time, open 2 pending orders

one long - 10 pips away from last price before close

one short - 10 pips away from last price before close

T/p mabey 20 pips

And some reasonable stop0 limits

what u think ??

GasGas:
I'm in GMT +1 time zone, so session closes on Friday at 23:00 and then started on Sunday at 00:00, and when it does, price seems to drop or went high, many times for 50-80pips, sometimes more...

My question here is...Is it somehow possible to catch that pips, or mabey a half of them...

It would be nice week start

This is called GAP.

Gap

Common Gap

Breakaway Gap

Exhaustion Gap

Problem with 1st of week trades

GasGas:
So basically...its not good idea, to trade that ?

To, lets say...on Friday, 1minute to close time, open 2 pending orders

one long - 10 pips away from last price before close

one short - 10 pips away from last price before close

T/p mabey 20 pips

And some reasonable stop0 limits

what u think ??

The pending orders might work but i suspect they may get filled at the Open price not at the entry you set.

Consider this - if you have a Long Trade Open at Week end with say 20 pips TP & 20 pips SL

If the New Week Opens 100 pips above your 20 pips Take Profit the Broker gives you 20 pips if the Open happens 100 pips below your 20 pips Stoploss the Broker takes 100 pips.

Sounds fair?? that is just the way it is, this is why many EAs close down before the end of the trading Week as sometimes the Opening price is many many pips above / below the previous Weeks close.

cja

Well it seems logical that way...not a good idea!!

I will try this on demo, just for fun, to see what happens

Thanks CJA

Reason: