Simple Trend Following System - page 3

nice setup

ive added a 24ema to filter out some of the false trade signals. is it possible to add an alert to this indicator? i have a "buy here" and "sell here" wav file that i like to use but im unsure of how to code it. thanks. ~michael

Files:
chart_2.gif  30 kb

Actually it is a great system I think....But the main problem is stoploss....30pips stoploss is so little I think......

Anyone faced problem using this 30 pips stoploss???

I faced problem and I am sold out......but the trend was continuing.....

thanx n regards.

hi

if you put your SL 30 pips away , you should put your TP not bigger than 50 pips

to prevent price pull back

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

my thoughts

i follow the trend. sl and tp are not an issue for me as for now i am trading this manually. if you close the trade when the stoch crosses in opposite direction or when rsi reach 50 in opposite direction of trade then you are safe.

does anyone know how to code a "CLOSE TRADE" ea that can operate in those variables? repeat: just close the trade, not open the trade, i think it is safer to only open the trade manually.

~michael

Wow

i have an indicator that uses 3 ema cross to signal. is it possible to rewrite the indicator posted above to utilize a 3rd ema to filter out false signals?

4 hour chart

5ema

10ema

24ema

stoch10,3,3

rsi14

to signal trade then exit trade when rsi cross "50" in opposite direction or stoch crosses in different direction of trade.

I am using another trading system with

30m chart

8EMA close

21EMA close

and 50EMA close for confirmation of trend.....Nothing else......

I try to buy at the level of 21EMA when I am going to take postion in long and vice versa....I can't buy at that level then I use larger SL(60) and If I can buy at 21EMA for long then I use 30SL....

thanx and regards.....

Trade with the trend

Hello Guyz,

I just visited your trend and I feel. I should comment a little on it. The sto_rsi_macross_sig is a very nice indicator but works so well when used with the trend not against the trend.

Trading with the trend gives you a 30% assurance of winning the trade. I figured out a way of using the sto_rsi_macross_sig indicator.

Go to your 4 hours tym frame and check the reading of your RSI. If RSI is greater than 50 is an up trend if below 50 is a down trend. Then move back to your 15mins chart and wait 4 a signal in the direction of the trend.

I assure this system has a 95% win rate. SL 25pips. TP 30 to 50pips

Happi Trading

Dvyn

Naija FX guru

Hello,

I like 10 ema close / 24 ema close together with MACD 10 / 24 /1 just to see the crossing better. Nothing else you need on 1 hour chart.

You can also take the 5 to exit the trade, but it is often cutting your profit. If you like to trade the trend you have to stay with it to make the most profit as possible, if the market is in range we loose pips, but this is trend trading. In ranging markets we will have small looses and in the trend we can get a lot of pips. But if you just follow the rules in and out you can make good pips over the month. Around 1000 pips should be possible with GPB/JPY and 500 and more with GBP/USD.

Holger

Reason: