EMA Cross Filter With EMAangle - page 3

Following up on EMAAngle

Hi all, independently of this thread, I found the EMAAngle indicator and started playing with it. Then I found this thread, so I thought I'd post my findings.

Sorry, my account is denied to post screenshots or attachments.

I have been using (admittedly only since YESTERDAY) the following "settings":

EMA=30

Threshold=0.33

Long/Buy/ReverseShort Signal = EMAAngle > 0.33

Short/Sell/ReverseLong Signal = EMAAngle < -0.33

Essentially, this just means that the EMA(30) has turned/confirmed up (for a Long) or turned/confirmed down for a short.

It seems a bit more responsive than the settings shlim is using (but I haven't had time to look through it all thoroughly enough).

Is anyone there, and available, and interested, to continue this thread? Like mentioned previously, if this simple system proves to be valid, it's worth coding an EA to put it on a 5min chart trading 24x5 for us as it's just too boring a system to trade manually!!

Disclaimer - boring profits would be great!!!

Dreamliner:
Can you give us the arrow indicator in your charts? Also, do you have win/loss ratio for this method?

if by the rules -arrows ind - 2 ma cross, + third ma - visual repr. of ma slope (angle) which in subwindow, and one ma 4 SL (i would think)

shlim:
Hi,

Just to share my 1 Min EU trading System

1. BUY => EMA 30 Cross Over EMA 60 & EMAAngle > 2 ( Green )

TP = > 20 pips or EMAangle cross -2

2. SELL = > EMA 60 Cross Down EMA 30 & EMAangle <-2 ( Red )

TP = > 20 pips or EMAangle cross 2

MA_AngleZeroSigMA.mq4 - Set MAperiod = 40

a lot of thanks its very simple and profitable

EMAAngle screenshots

Here's a screenshot now that I can... EMA30 is the thick YELLOW line (amongst the other pretty GMMA EMA's )

4 different timeframes; cast your eyes - when EMAAngle goes above zero and green (ie ignore if grey and within threshold limit), in generalit is a long and vice versa for short.

Look interesting enough?

I'm suggesting things because I see things that look interesting enough to look into further but I don't trust my own optimistic outlook that it's "good enough". Would like the more experienced (=objective) members to ratify. That said, still looking further into some of these ideas.

Say, does anyone know is there is a simple EA framework that we could effectively drop a signal/MQ4 code into (of sorts) to strategy-test? Or could that be an MT5 feature request (if not already)?

The other platform I've been using (Omnitrader) is awesome in that it has a simple 4GL language to do scans, strategies, etc. The drawback is that it is quite slow to respond so I often need to kick it off and go have a coffee in the meantime. Very effective for EOD trading stocks, but wouldn't quite work for FX short term trades. (wishful thinking anyway!)

xgtrboy:
Hi all, independently of this thread, I found the EMAAngle indicator and started playing with it. Then I found this thread, so I thought I'd post my findings.

Sorry, my account is denied to post screenshots or attachments.

I have been using (admittedly only since YESTERDAY) the following "settings":

EMA=30

Threshold=0.33

Long/Buy/ReverseShort Signal = EMAAngle > 0.33

Short/Sell/ReverseLong Signal = EMAAngle < -0.33

Essentially, this just means that the EMA(30) has turned/confirmed up (for a Long) or turned/confirmed down for a short.

It seems a bit more responsive than the settings shlim is using (but I haven't had time to look through it all thoroughly enough).

Is anyone there, and available, and interested, to continue this thread? Like mentioned previously, if this simple system proves to be valid, it's worth coding an EA to put it on a 5min chart trading 24x5 for us as it's just too boring a system to trade manually!!

Disclaimer - boring profits would be great!!!

Tpl

ITS NICE tpl can you post it, its new and easer but i dont know the inputs please show us thanks a lot

template

LIGIO:
ITS NICE tpl can you post it, its new and easer but i dont know the inputs please show us thanks a lot

Is this what you were looking for?

MA or EMA?

I just ran across this thread. The signals look pretty good. But, looking at the charts, it looks as though his signals are based on the 30MA and 60MA...those are the moving averages on the template. But the text of the description says 'EMA'. Which is it? MA or EMA?

Reason: