SDS - Simple Daily System EA - page 2

lcfxtrader:
Thanks Stace. I am really looking forward to trying this EA out when the mm is fixed.

I also intrested in it

Here is the ADR calculator that is part of the EA for anyone that wants to test it.

The EA will open a long trade if the candle close is > MA & PSAR & and opposite for a short trade. The ADR minimum also has to be meet.

I am currently using a 20SMA and default PSAR. My take profit & stop loss is set to 100 pips. I am trading all pairs that have a 10 day ADR > 50 pips.

lcfxtrader:
Thanks Stace. I am really looking forward to trying this EA out when the mm is fixed.

btw what was the biggest cycle of lots?

I mean if you for example backtest this ea what was the greatest loss in lot size

in a row

btw what was the biggest cycle of lots?

I mean if you for example backtest this ea what was the greatest loss in lot size

in a row

I can't say being the mm is not working correctly. If it is corrected, then perhaps a backtest can be performed to answer your question.

Which is a difference between a Expert Analysis - EA, and Expert Advisors - EA?

franky2008:
Which is a difference between a Expert Analysis - EA, and Expert Advisors - EA?

i suppose there is no such difference

perhaps Expert Analysis is more sucky than other

Thank you very much Omelette. I will start testing and report back any findings. I knew I could count on the TSD members.

lcfxtrader:
Thank you very much Omelette. I will start testing and report back any findings. I knew I could count on the TSD members.

You're welcome. btw, the original code should have worked, I just re-did it to exclude the use of multiple 'return's (which bugs me!) - are you sure it isn't an OrdersHistoryTotal() problem as described above?

You're welcome. btw, the original code should have worked, I just re-did it to exclude the use of multiple 'return's (which bugs me!) - are you sure it isn't an OrdersHistoryTotal() problem as described above?

Omelette,

I do not understand what you mean by "OrdersHistoryTotal() problem as described above". The problem I have experienced is that the EA would open the wrong position size after a loss.

EX:

1st trade = .1 lot resulting in a loss

then it would open

2nd trade = .3 lots

It should have been .2 lots

Hi icfxtrader. I re-did the lot-size code, it should work now.

A few points to bear in mind though, first, its uses the Ordershistorytotal() function to determine lotsize, which has never worked correctly on backtest (unless Metaquotes has fixed this, which I seriously doubt), and second, in order to ensure the EA works correctly, you must manually select 'All History' on the 'Accounts History' tab. (right-click it and select 'All History')

Edit: Problem seems to be a 'recovery' issue - restored 'original' code & added recovery code...

Files:
Reason: