Why would one share a system? - page 3

la_maya_k:
If you have a good way of generating consistent profits, why not share it? Do someone fear that by sharing the knowledge it means sharing the profits as well?

Forex is a very big piece of pie, if I'm not wrong I see it reaching the $4 trillion per day figure now. No matter how many individual traders you want to share a system with, it's hardly going to affect the movement of price. So I definitely would share whatever I discover.

If someone wants to take that to make it private and sell it, it's their personal choice. If they are conning people with it, it will be their karma. There's enough strategies available freely anyway for con men to privatise and sell.

Sharing a strategy is only half the story. It's sharing the ability to have discipline, in following the strategy, and in managing your money, now that's the most important thing.

You seem to have "wisdom beyond ages"la_maya_k!!! Your last paragraph shows just that. If you read Dr. Van K. Tharp's book you will see that this is precisely what he says...............We develop systems to suit our personalities, nothing more, nothing less. We trade the system the way we see (and "feel") the market, BUT that does NOT mean to say that it is "perfect".

My method generates +82% results, PROVIDING that you see the market the way I see it. I see that with people trying to trade my method - when I don't trade for reasons seen across a wider spectrum of TFs, they will trade and then they blame me. That is one of my reasons for posting my method so that we can collectively learn how to take out the times when we should not be trading. PATIENCE it is called and nobody can teach you that!!

Someone once said that NOT trading is also a trade - you just decided that you are not taking a position at the time and that most people do NOT adhere to as they are GREEDY.

I also agree with JBFX in his Post #11 above where he says:.........."People share systems to try to improve them. And take those ideas to build their next private systems.

Other people share them to be helpful and give back, but that usually ends up in utter failure because people try to fiddle with the settings and add their own little twists. Then on the first sign of a draw-down, they demand explanations and feedback. Then there are "gurus" coming in from the flank telling you how your system is not good, theirs is way better without much proof. For the most part, it is just not worth it".

I think he speaks from bitter experience, don't you?

I have to constantly "fight off" people that wants to tell me how I am thinking towards developing my method. At first I gave in and only discovered to my horror that my pips taken for the period had dropped dramatically. As soon as I went back to analyse why, I discovered that he was not thinking and seeing what I am seeing. BUT I went back rectified my wayward thinking and in the process came out a better trader.

Those that feel that we "have hidden agendas", grow up!! I had my method sold as an EA and have the scars to show for it. But did that stop me from developing and sharing? NO ways - it is up to you to either read what I am doing; analyse that information and either use it or stop reading it. Everyone has that choice.

I can name the guys on this Forum that share with their hearts - it is THAT obvious. We have the guys who think that because they have been "at it" (whatever that may be) for longer than what I have been trading live, my method is (and I quote) C R * P - that is their prerogative; at least I know what I am banking every month and if C R * P looks like that, I will have it any day and every day.

Whoever started this Thread may have his/ her own "agenda" for starting it in the first place, but that it produced a few immature comments, is no exception either. Those people don't make it on their own anyway and will be lurking around here without any meaningful contribution. They are not hard to spot.

Wishing you wisdom to separate the wheat from the chaff.

hi all,

about share the best system,

i`d like to thank masemus at mySimple system,

he provided an indi called joget which shows the target profit,

i`ve using it and looks very promising,

btw trade at your own risk......

Reason: