Indicator Bullshit - page 3

Good one

fxnorth:

That particular article did get one thing correct - The importance of money management. You can have the most rubbish of systems and yet if you know how to handle lot sizing, RRR and control your environment when a string of losses ensues (it will happen), you will make a very profitable living by trading. 98% of people on forums are seeking that 100% accurate system that will remove the stress from this job only to end up wasting many years doing so and still burn their money because they simply don't what trading is all about. It doesnt matter to me, quite a few will disagree with this post and I just don't give a damn.

FxNorth

Perfectly precise, FxNorth. That's what I realized after approximately two years of searching and testing and crying and falling and standing up again. Unless you get your head and money management right, you will be just a consistent losser. The money management is what makes the difference (and the ability to stick to it of course). Oh my... It is exactly as you said. Once there, you can make money with one simple moving average or a tredline which is how I do it now.

Somewhere I have read this: If a trading system is like a door to profits, then money management is the key that opens that door.

Craig:
I actually thought the information on data mining bias was more valuable and interesting, very applicable to what goes on around here.

Agreed 100%.

Its a very good book, and essential reading for anyone in this game.

Reason: