Very interesting results

Hi all!

I'm testing a new kind of system and I'm interested to hear if anyone is using similar system. I haven't used this at live yet so I'm not sure how it will work because it's kind of different than the usual systems because of the number of trades and size of the bet.

Basically the system outlined is

- The system uses H1 tf. I haven't tested it on anything else

- Works best on trending markets but breaks even/pf of about 0.95-1.1 on ranging markets too

- It will open many small trades - small like 0.01 lots small, one version that I tested opened about 600 trades during testing period of 06/2004 to today

- Lot size is always the same

- It will use a kind of probabilistic method to make a guess where you should buy or sell. This point does not really matter because you could use almost any kind of mechanism to make your odds better per small trade.

- sl is very small compared to tp, at the current version I'm testing the sl is 100 pips and tp is 1500 pips.

- I'm not using any kind of trend indicator (!!) because it seems that they only make the results worse. This is kind of strange.

- no partial tp's or sl's. Just the full sl or tp. No other closing rules than tp or sl based on price.

- I'm only working on open price of the bar, for open and also for tp/sl (the program closes them when sl/tp is hit)

I'm getting quite interesting results (in trending and non-trending currencies and I'm testing many years of data each!) and drawdowns are very small (max. 10-20%, usually under 10) - I'm wondering if this kind of system is working really in the same way as the really good traders say - cut your losses quickly and let your profits run. This kind of strategy only works with the retail platforms or really large amounts of cash because you really need to use small bets to keep your risk at minimum.

Comments are more than welcome, especially from the people who are using a small bet/many position kind of trading.

mikkom:
Hi all!

I'm testing a new kind of system and I'm interested to hear if anyone is using similar system. I haven't used this at live yet so I'm not sure how it will work because it's kind of different than the usual systems because of the number of trades and size of the bet.

Basically the system outlined is

- The system uses H1 tf. I haven't tested it on anything else

- Works best on trending markets but breaks even/pf of about 0.95-1.1 on ranging markets too

- It will open many small trades - small like 0.01 lots small, one version that I tested opened about 600 trades during testing period of 06/2004 to today

- Lot size is always the same

- It will use a kind of probabilistic method to make a guess where you should buy or sell. This point does not really matter because you could use almost any kind of mechanism to make your odds better per small trade.

- sl is very small compared to tp, at the current version I'm testing the sl is 100 pips and tp is 1500 pips.

- I'm not using any kind of trend indicator (!!) because it seems that they only make the results worse. This is kind of strange.

- no partial tp's or sl's. Just the full sl or tp. No other closing rules than tp or sl based on price.

- I'm only working on open price of the bar, for open and also for tp/sl (the program closes them when sl/tp is hit)

I'm getting quite interesting results (in trending and non-trending currencies and I'm testing many years of data each!) and drawdowns are very small (max. 10-20%, usually under 10) - I'm wondering if this kind of system is working really in the same way as the really good traders say - cut your losses quickly and let your profits run. This kind of strategy only works with the retail platforms or really large amounts of cash because you really need to use small bets to keep your risk at minimum.

Comments are more than welcome, especially from the people who are using a small bet/many position kind of trading.

tell us more about the system and we'll analyse it together.

you should pot your strategy into the chart so that we can analize it .

I've played with a theory like this as well using the qqe indicator. The EA enters on the open of every 4hr bar in the direction of qqe and closes all open orders and reverses on trend change. It mostly floats at breakeven, but it really banks it on the few long term trends per year.

I'd be interested in hearing more of your theory.

I also tried a system like this and the coder was reputable so it was not a coding issue that made the EA fail.

We eventually got to adding a trend to verify the current trend and in the end it just did not trade well at all no matter what time frame we tried it on.

this is breakout system result...i welcome 5 traders who want to learn for personal coaching

Files:

hi

haslin75:
this is breakout system result...i welcome 5 traders who want to learn for personal coaching

nice result , did u use lot compounding ? like martingale

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
nice result , did u use lot compounding ? like martingale

===================

sorry no martingale in my dictionary...this is really truly genuine risk management.... many have shown interest in my system....i will open special room in skype for all the buyers...i want everyone get the same result

haslin75:
sorry no martingale in my dictionary...this is really truly genuine risk management.... many have shown interest in my system....i will open special room in skype for all the buyers...i want everyone get the same result

What are you doing in this thread ?

hi

haslin75:

I thought you'll share your system with us free ,this thread only for free knowledge or system , you have to go to commercial thread

===================

I like the idea "cut your losses quickly and let your profits run". good words but hard to implement.

Reason: