C++ Convertion and Development - page 5

C++ Convertion and Development

I have been trading for a while with lots of ups and downs ... towards the end of 2007 I almost lost interest in trading.

So I took a decision to stop trading for a while, then I started to learn C++ , that moment I had better understanding of the indicators and the Experts especially I have an engineering and mathematical background.

First I want to share the knowledge of programming with the rest of you guys so this is a complete video course on C++, explained in a very easy way, if you can understand this then you made your first step on understanding how to code in MT4

here is the video files

C++ VT -12in1- _AIO_.zip - DivShare

Next I started to add sound effects,and colors to my indicators and I can't tell you how this changed everything ... now trading is like a video game, I work on my computer and when I hear the sound effect which is extracted from a game or a movie for example I use ”come.wav” - it says come get some - I enter the trade , if it close on win I get the simpson sing dah_dah_hey.wav and like this

It may not be much to some but it brings a smile to my face when I win , open or close a trade , anyhow I am sharing those files here so you guys can have some fun while trading

wolfe:
Thanks for the sounds zip MiniMe. I'm starting to want to include these into EA's as well. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome , its really different when you trade and you are in the mode , you make more pips

mingkwong:
I cannot download the files for free. Here is the message I read.

Sorry, this file is unavailable in your region.

This file is not available to free users in China and Southeast Asia. To download it, you must sign up for a DivShare account. For more information, read our blog post on the policy.

Can you put the files somewhere else. Thanks.

I am sorry to hear that , I will try to use another site to upload the files but I almost run out off my 30 GB bandwidth for this period, I am uploading some files for a friend + movies for the kids , when I am done I will use another site and try to upload the video files on a differnt server , but that may take sometime before I do it , unless one guy deicded to do that for us then it would be great

Converting MQ4 code to C++

Is anyone aware of a good conversion protocol or methodology to port MQ4 code over to C++?

Thanks in advance

C# for Forex

Dear all,

I recently discovered the new FXCM platform Strategy Trader. I think it can have a big potential for backtesting and optimisation operations but unfortunately it is designed for C# only. FXCM is not giving any true help to EA and indicators programmers. They don't publish the trading commands so that new developments are extremely difficult to achieve. Could someone tell where could I find a good C# manual for forex, please? I've got a general manual, but this is not what I need to develop my EA. I already knoe how to make a routine, I just need to know which command is needed to open a trade!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I would say C++ is better than C#. More powerful.

for fxcm java platform trading station 2

I use another approach

say, when I see an outbreak

I wanna to enter BUY 10 pip then current price level

then first, I choose the EUR/AUD

then hit a HOT KEY

the hot key will use a program to repeat series of KEYBOARD click, like down arrows and tab etc

but it do it much faster than human, usually, it will set up a limit order in about 20 sec, [ it the TAB key don't do it wrongly or skip, it will be correct ]

then I just take a quick look

and hit ENTER manually

it does not sneak into fxcm platform

but it still has to do some extra SIMPLE, but very tedious and repetitive programming in NOTEPAD

and of course the software that I buy (not download free) for such ROBOTIC keyboard action

there is no IDE, but I got quite good at programming tab and cursor key now

about 2 A4 page long

so you might think about it !!

====

but since I am not so great in trading

now I gave up using this HOT KEY in that software

more focus to correctly identify for a MOMENT for entry -- with probability of success , either direction (one wrong direction, I hope the loss is minimal though)

dmking99:
Is anyone aware of a good conversion protocol or methodology to port MQ4 code over to C++? Thanks in advance

But why would you want to do this?

landmeister:
FXCM is not giving any true help to EA and indicators programmers. They don't publish the trading commands so that new developments are extremely difficult to achieve. Could someone tell where could I find a good C# manual for forex, please? I've got a general manual, but this is not what I need to develop my EA. I already knoe how to make a routine, I just need to know which command is needed to open a trade! .

Hi landmeister,

We're working to re-organize Wiki.fxprogrammers.com and the help menu in Strategy Trader to make it more coder friendly. I would also suggest asking the programming team about the commands to open a trade. If you goto the top of Strategy Trader and click on Help > Discussion Forums it will take you to the help forum where the programming team can help with this.

-Jason

landmeister:
FXCM is not giving any true help to EA and indicators programmers. They don't publish the trading commands so that new developments are extremely difficult to achieve. Could someone tell where could I find a good C# manual for forex, please? I've got a general manual, but this is not what I need to develop my EA. I already knoe how to make a routine, I just need to know which command is needed to open a trade! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The reorganized coding documentation is now finished. I have attached it to this post in zip file.

I hope it helps!

-Jason

Files:

Dealing with MQL strings in C - C++

I'm having trouble passing a string to my DLL. The DLL function wants a char* for it's argument; however, I've tried passing it a string, and an initialized string array to no avail. I've changed the function to take a string array[255] and still nothing. How do you successfully pass a string into a C or C++ function?

#import "some.dll"

int readString(what goes here?) string and string[] do not work.

#import

the C looks like this

int readString(char Foo[255])

{

char bar[255]="Bar";

strcat(Foo,bar);

}

the Foo and bar could also be a char*

Any Help?

Reason: