OILFXPRO TRENDMASTER double macd EA freeversion - page 7

matrixebiz:
Thank you but the Duration setting is still 0. Where did you set the default to 3600? What if I don't want to close the pendings after a set time?

Ah... I need to get some sleep. I changed the backtest settings but did not change the code. Anyway, have reattached the EA already. Please redownload it. It doesn't close any trade. This EA only have CloseNReverse function to close trade. The pending trades will only be cancel according to the duration. If we set duration=0, then the pending order will stay forever until it trigger. The TimeFilter is for the signal. The EA only detect signal after Start and will stop detect signal after TradingHourStop. Besides, FridaySafe still remain.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Here you go. Added time filter, pending orders duration is 1 hour, which is 3600 seconds as default. Trade discretion should be correct already this time. Please verify. I haven't got time to test out the TimeFilter whether they're doing their job. Please check and let me know whether it works.

Regards

David

Thank you but the Duration setting is still 0. Where did you set the default to 3600? What if I don't want to close the pendings after a set time? And the Direction is taken into consideration also? meaning if MACD is at 0.09 and going down, EA wont place a Buy correct?

EDIT I see you reposted and fixed the Duration setting

davidke20:
Ah... I need to get some sleep. I changed the backtest settings but did not change the code. Anyway, have reattached the EA already. Please redownload it. It doesn't close any trade. This EA only have CloseNReverse function to close trade. The pending trades will only be cancel according to the duration. If we set duration=0, then the pending order will stay forever until it trigger. The TimeFilter is for the signal. The EA only detect signal after Start and will stop detect signal after TradingHourStop. Besides, FridaySafe still remain.

Regards

David

Ok, thanks, also did you set the EA to detect direction also? so if above 0.09 and going down then not to place a trade? and is there a max trigger function or threshold? like place trade only if price is in between 0.07 and 0.08??

Thanks

EDIT: Running tests now and EA didn't check to see if MACD was moving in a downward direction. Placed a trade anyway.

matrixebiz:
Ok, thanks, also did you set the EA to detect direction also? so if above 0.09 and going down then not to place a trade? and is there a max trigger function or threshold? like place trade only if price is in between 0.07 and 0.08??

Thanks

EDIT: Running tests now and EA didn't check to see if MACD was moving in a downward direction. Placed a trade anyway.

No, this version doesn't detect whether its DOWNWARD slope or UPWARD slope yet. But v0.06 will cover that part. Will post it in few hours time. Hopefully togather with new indicator for your visual aid.

Regards

David

davidke20:
No, this version doesn't detect whether its DOWNWARD slope or UPWARD slope yet. But v0.06 will cover that part. Will post it in few hours time. Hopefully togather with new indicator for your visual aid.

Regards

David

OK, thanks. Just wondering if it is to hard to add trade boundaries? Example would be, Trigger right now is 0.07 but might not be good to trade if as high as 0.15 because price probably would start coming back down soon so maybe have an option to not trade if price is not within 0.07-0.10, same would go for -0.07--0.10. Just a thought.

matrixebiz:
OK, thanks. Just wondering if it is to hard to add trade boundaries? Example would be, Trigger right now is 0.07 but might not be good to trade if as high as 0.15 because price probably would start coming back down soon so maybe have an option to not trade if price is not within 0.07-0.10, same would go for -0.07--0.10. Just a thought.

Can be done. Will add it togather in v0.06 later.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Can be done. Will add it togather in v0.06 later.

Regards

David

Ok, that would be great then I can do proper testing next week. One last thing, if I use GAP=0 because I would like the EA to place a trade immediately instead of stops and limits, will that screw up the EA?

matrixebiz:
Ok, that would be great then I can do proper testing next week. One last thing, if I use GAP=0 because I would like the EA to place a trade immediately instead of stops and limits, will that screw up the EA?

Doesn't seemed to be possible because the EA currently taking pending orders. From what I know, there is non of the broker allowed 0pips of pending orders. If you really need it, we'll do that on v0.07 with selection of whether use pending orders or market orders.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Doesn't seemed to be possible because the EA currently taking pending orders. From what I know, there is non of the broker allowed 0pips of pending orders. If you really need it, we'll do that on v0.07 with selection of whether use pending orders or market orders.

Regards

David

Ok, that would be great Thank you for all your efforts and work, hoping to get the new versions before Sundays market open Thanks again

davidke20:

Regards

David

I guess that is why one must allow slippage specification since no broker allow 0 PIPs pending order.

Reason: