Best Way To Learn Mql4..... - page 2

Can you recommend a good book to start off with? What compiler would I need as well? I need the cheapest and fastest approach. I have no experience programming in most languages except dos batch scripts and basic.

Thanks again.

Guyver:
Hi good approach!.

MQL4 is based on C programming language as you already found out

ofcourse just because you need to work with the specific API functions in MQL4 that is why it looks different to some people starting out , but that is only in the beginning so this is a good news. I would say even ( personal opinion) to start with .Net programming language the newer C that is C#.net ( Csharp )

This is what i think you should do

Learn Variables.

Learn Decision making and Looping

Learn Arrays

Learn to Create your own functions ( this is the most important thing ) if you can work with functions and divide and conquer your programs. you are done with it.

C#.net is closer to MQL4 but you can't create classes in MQL4 though you can come close to the look and feel. What you will learn from an Object Oriented Programming Language will benefit you alot since MQL4 works alot of with Objects for e.g what is Color? what is a Trendline? they are all objects so if you can learn how to manupilate the Objects that would be great. ( just my opinion to start with C#.net instead of C Language )

-----------------------------------------------------

Guyver.

I have taken the same approach and started with C as I believe it should give me a good grounding.

Any of the

For DUMMIES range of books.

find an indicator that scan trends in different periods in 1 chart

i saw something on steinitz EA . now i build an indicator myself

how can i start?

cooltrader28@yahoo.com:
i saw something on steinitz EA . now i build an indicator myself how can i start?

You could start with this thread and then read the section.

Debugging options for MT4 ?

codersguru:
You are at the right path!

Programming is not the language (c, c++, MQL4, PHP etc) but programming is how to think like the programmers!

The book you have will drive you to the MQL4 better than starting with MQL4 without any programming concepts!

c language is the best (and hardest) high level lanaguage has ever made!

Hi!

I know something about programming (C, old Pascal) and I remember that these Compilers had the option to run the program Step by Step and a window where the value of any variable can be displayed at every time. Those options are very useful to debug the program (specially for the non-profesional programmers, like me).

With that, I want to ask if there is a way I can use something alike in the Metatrader-Compiler (step by step & value of variables), because I'm feel lost many times and I don't know if my code is gonna doing what I want.

I appreciate your opinion, and I thank you for your invaluable course, it's great man!!

Reason: