Publish your trading results

Hi,

Recently I started a website where anyone can publish their trading results from MetaTrader terminals automatically. It's completely free - no demos, no trials, no strings attached . The address is http://sm-forex.com/. It's still in beta testing so if you find any bugs and have a suggestion how to improve it you are most welcome to contact me at office [at] sm-forex [dot] com.

To show what is all about you can follow this link: SM Forex - Strategy Monitoring - here I've published the live results from my expert advisor.

I think the website would help anyone keep track automatically of the trading results of expert advisors (although it's not limited to expert advisors only - manual trading results can be published too) so that you won't need to post statement every day/week in your posts.

I'm sorry if this thread should not be in this section (I did not know where I should put it - it's not a commersial service, that's why I didn't put it in the commersial section).

Hi

the main problem is we do not know what is in your files.Is it a trojan horse to copy all our EAS from experts folder?

Sorry to ask

el cid

el cid:
Hi

the main problem is we do not know what is in your files.Is it a trojan horse to copy all our EAS from experts folder?

Sorry to ask

el cid

Hmm, its problem...

Need mq4 version.

Hi,

Yes, I haven't published the source code and that's for a reason - if I do that someone can manipulate the data that is sent to the website and the results will not not be real. The risk of running the expert is no bigger than downloading any application and installing it on your computer.

I absolutely guarantee that this expert does nothing harmful. You can install it on a new installation of metatrader with investor password or if you're paranoic you can even run it on a virtual machine with nothing else but a metatrader installation. You can sniff the traffic that's send from your computer - there are plenty of ways that you can make sure it's not harmful.

There is another solution to the problem - you can suggest a person that you trust - I'll show him/her the code so that he/she makes sure there is nothing harmful.

Eden

It is not that we do not trust you.We can not have something in our computers we do not have source codes on.

Some of our propreitary EAS are very costly

The source codes people can be shown and the EX4 files can be quite different , so that does not solve the problem

Also our systems are freely available so there is no need for us to manipulate the data performance

Regards

El Cid

el cid:

Also our systems are freely available so there is no need for us to manipulate the data performance

Yes, you might not manipulate the data that is send but there are people that would do that.

el cid:
Eden

It is not that we do not trust you.We can not have something in our computers we do not have source codes on.

Some of our propreitary EAS are very costly

The source codes people can be shown and the EX4 files can be quite different , so that does not solve the problem

When this person checks the source code he/she can compile it and compare the checksum of the compiled file with the one from the website. It's obvious that if the checksums are the same the source code is the same.

interesting system -- I have a few questions.

1) How does your system differ from Collective2 - The Trading System Authority ?

2) You should have one of the respected programmers from this board like Coder's Guru or Igorad etc.. to take a look at the source code of the statmonitor .ex4 file. Once they have approved the file I would be far more trusting of it.

drgoodvibe:
interesting system -- I have a few questions.

1) How does your system differ from Collective2 - The Trading System Authority ?

2) You should have one of the respected programmers from this board like Coder's Guru or Igorad etc.. to take a look at the source code of the statmonitor .ex4 file. Once they have approved the file I would be far more trusting of it.

1) There are a few differences which I noticed - in Collective2 - The Trading System Authority you have to program on your own the publishing of your orders, and in my website you already have an expert advisor that does this for you (you don't have to be a programmer in order to publish your trades). Also, I don't offer to sell signals. I also think that the interface of my website is more user-friendly

2) OK, if the other users agree on this, it's fine by me.

eden159:
1) There are a few differences which I noticed - in Collective2 - The Trading System Authority you have to program on your own the publishing of your orders, and in my website you already have an expert advisor that does this for you (you don't have to be a programmer in order to publish your trades). Also, I don't offer to sell signals. I also think that the interface of my website is more user-friendly 2) OK, if the other users agree on this, it's fine by me.

Ok then -- so your services are strictly for the MT4 community. I think once you get your stat monitor .ex4 approved by one of the respected programmers here you may have something by creating trust. Once you have a community growing on the site and a few trust it, i'm sure more would.

The last question remains then, if your giving the system away for free, what is your incentive on creating this site. Collective2 gets a cut of the signal sales after all.

drgoodvibe:
The last question remains then, if your giving the system away for free, what is your incentive on creating this site. Collective2 gets a cut of the signal sales after all.

First I did it for me - I had an assignment in my university, but I decided to make it public. I can still profit from the website - if someone wants to donate or advertise on it, but for all members that are using it it's completely free.

Eden

The scammers and cheaters will decompile your EX4 file .There is no way to stop them.So u might as well post the MQ4 files.Your argument about manipulating records may not hold ground.

It costs $10 to decompile !

El cid

Reason: