Coding Challenge - page 2

doshur:

oops, maybe I'm not too clear about this challenge.

First, we will select a strategy. I will go to FF and check out which is a interesting price action strategy. we will all code this.

Second, all our expert will run in back test mode for a pre defined period, let's say the whole of 2013, in a fixed timeframe like H1 on the same broker.

we are free to code our own filters, trail stop, break even...

we will upload back test results and compare the results. 

doshur good iniciative, but maybe instead of coding challenge could be an optimization challenge.

For instance, just select one EA from code base, and any competitor can choose the backtesting period or methodology, that will be published here with the input parameters used.

Some input parameter will be fixed to all, like lot size, symbols, etc. 

After that, each one put the personal setups running in live demo accounts and publish the results (maybe using Signals services), so we can compare the performance and methodologies.

This is would be as similar as a car race where everybody has the same car and fuel, and we just really test the pilots.

Ubzen:
Wouldn't that lead to curve fitting with maximum lot sizes?
Fixed lot size.

figurelli:

doshur good iniciative, but maybe instead of coding challenge could be an optimization challenge.

For instance, just select one EA from code base, and any competitor can choose the backtesting period or methodology, that will be published here with the input parameters used.

Some input parameter will be fixed to all, like lot size, symbols, etc. 

After that, each one put the personal setups running in live demo accounts and publish the results (maybe using Signals services), so we can compare the performance and methodologies.

This is would be as similar as a car race where everybody has the same car and fuel, and we just really test the pilots.

Something like this however I would like everyone to start from scratch. We will all do the same thing but everyone approach will be different. 

From the test result the we can learn the difference what is good or bad. It should be a very good learning experience. 

doshur:

oops, maybe I'm not too clear about this challenge.

First, we will select a strategy. I will go to FF and check out which is a interesting price action strategy. we will all code this.

Second, all our expert will run in back test mode for a pre defined period, let's say the whole of 2013, in a fixed timeframe like H1 on the same broker.

we are free to code our own filters, trail stop, break even...

we will upload back test results and compare the results. 

How will you verify that what is actually coded is the strategy that you have specified ?  in other words how will you test for compliance to the spec ?

RaptorUK:
How will you verify that what is actually coded is the strategy that you have specified ?  in other words how will you test for compliance to the spec ?
Strategy report?

doshur:
Strategy report?
Really ?  you think so . . . please explain how you will do that ?

RaptorUK:
Really ?  you think so . . . please explain how you will do that ?
The one with all the transaction history?

doshur:
The one with all the transaction history?
Yes,  carry on . . 

Sorry I can't participate. Me iv'e decided to stay low.

tonny:
Sorry I can't participate. Me iv'e decided to stay low.
Already? Note, we are just in the Definition Challenge of the Code Challenge ;-)