Software to draw and put text on screenshots?

Hey guys, I always see beautiful screenies that people post that have nice arrows and text boxes, etc that explain whats going on.

Is there software, hopefully a free download, that you guys are using to do this?

I'd like to post things like that but I can't find software that seems to meet my need. I can get screenshots just fine, just can't find a good program to edit them like I want.

I tried using the search feature before posting this but couldn't find an answer

You could try FastStone Capture for Windows from FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ... , it's free

lepiricus:
Hey guys, I always see beautiful screenies that people post that have nice arrows and text boxes, etc that explain whats going on.

Is there software, hopefully a free download, that you guys are using to do this?

I'd like to post things like that but I can't find software that seems to meet my need. I can get screenshots just fine, just can't find a good program to edit them like I want.

I tried using the search feature before posting this but couldn't find an answer

This is pretty good (and its free)

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

other good screen capture & editor are ScreenHunter and Snagit.unfortunately both are not freeware.

zupcon:
This is pretty good (and its free) GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I found the gimp and its free and a bit complicated for me but I got it to do what I want. Thanks!!

Reason: