This has got me puzzled???

Comment as coded:

sComment = sComment + "STOCHASTIC VALUE " + DoubleToStr(sto1,4) + NL;[/PHP] [PHP]double sto1=iStochastic(NULL,0,K,D,SL,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0);

The program reads the sto1 value and plots it on the graph and uses the value to buy or sell, but the sComment does not read sto1 and only displays a of 0.0000?

I am stumped! Any reasoning why the scomment will not read the sto1??

Dave <<<

Correct order?

Dave, coded in the right order, this works.

Are you sure the sto1 variable is assigned a value before using it in the comment assignment?

(So, not the order you are showing in your posting....)

To check the sto1 value, include a Print(sto1) statement, to make its actual value showup in the Journal logging.

Will do, and thanks for responding!

Dave

Still confused!!!

Print statement on sto1 reads perfectly, but sComment statement fails to comment properly? I am going to redo the variable and the sComment statement.

Dave

How do you make the sComment Display size larger??

Program Wizards! Is there any way to make the display on the graph a larger size. My old eyes strain to see the comments - Curious.

Dave <<<

iscuba11:
Print statement on sto1 reads perfectly, but sComment statement fails to comment properly? I am going to redo the variable and the sComment statement. Dave

Guess there is a bug in metatrader platform. Contacting metagroup.net to tell them about it. It has something to do with iStochastic and why it will not read and display on the graph as a comment but will print. I re-did the formula and change sto1 to stoch with no change on comment display.

Dave

<<<

Try this

Dave, try this: Put the below 3 lines into your existing start body, just like the example below.

The screenshot shows you the result of running this.

If you still cannot get it to work in your expert, upload or send me the source, then I will take a look at it.

Cheers

int start()

{

double sto1=iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0);

Comment("STOCHASTIC VALUE " + DoubleToStr(sto1,4) + "\n");

return(0);

".... existing start() code..."

}

Files:
comment.jpg  8 kb

It just started working after I repositioned the code in the sComment section. Maybe it had something to do with how my computer was acting recently. It crashed this morning. I had to reformat the harddrive. At least my program, indicators and knowledge base was backed up on a memory stick - Those things are great! Now on to bigger things! Thanks for all your help!

Dave <<<
Reason: