Guppy Moving Average !!

Hi,

Sorry for opening a new thread.

CodersGuru, this thread i found over at ForexFactory, Guppy Moving Average does an extremely wonderful job of identifying trends.

Quoted from that forum

Google Daryl Guppy... Just one of the finest traders from Australia that has ever walked the Earth
There is an excellent book by Daryl Guppy "Trend Trading" that explains his approach well.

It can be found

Guppy's Multi-Moving Average (GMMA)

and

Guppy Multiple Moving AverAge,GMMA

I am not very well versed at forex, so i wish if you could read up more about this system and try understanding it so that all of us here can benefit from it further

I personally feel that the Guppy MA is extremely useful moreso for an MA Guru like you.

I really do hope you are able to enlighten us more on this MA.

I'm sorry again if I violated any rules by starting this thread

Thanks,

yusof786

xpMA + GMMA

To CodersGuru,

I combined your xpMA and GMMA (attached picture) and it does a great job of filtering out ranging markets (circled) and identifying trends very well.

Plz do analyze it and i hope you would like it.

PS: it is my first time uploading a picture, so i hope it is done well.

To NewDigital,

Thank you so much for your reply and i will be going through all the links.Thanks again

Files:
gmmaxpma.jpg  64 kb

Hi,

How does GMMA shows that it's a ranging market?

Cheers,

Daniel

In the pic is a combinatiton of 2 indicators

1) Guppy MMA

2) xpMA by CodersGuru

In the pic posted , u can see that xpMA shows RED (uptrend) or BLUE (downtrend) for the current market situation. BUT , at times the market can also be ranging and or choppy. Thats where i circled in the pic. So this is where GUPPY MMA comes to the rescue . Only open a trade when ALL 7 lines (green and yellow) on both sides cross each other AND if xpMA is showing that the trend is going on in the right direction as GUPPY MMA.

I hope i helped.

PS : And to further filter the market condition, i also use Nittany's Trending or Ranging [ToR] Indicator to further confirm the current market situation, either ranging or trending

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177237

With this method, I've been successfully isolating the trend movements.

I also hope some senior members could further improve my system

It's a interesting MA!

Indicators

I am attaching the indicators so that others can too benefit from this.

Attached

1) Guppy MMA (cyrox) --> Template format

2)xpMA by coders guru

3)Nittany's ToR

OK, how to use these Indicator combinations to place a trade.Place a trade only when all 3 indicators agree.

1. When Guppy MMA's 7 yellow and green lines cross each other and looks like a is mouth opening.

2. When xpMA trend is shows the same as Guppy MMA's trend

3. When Nittany's ToR shows that all time frames are trending (All Blue Arrow or All Red Arrow shows up or sideways)

Plz try this trading style of mine. I hope it comes useful to every1 out there.

Files:
cyrox.zip  1 kb
xpma.mq4  10 kb
tor_12.02.mq4  17 kb

yusof786:
I am attaching the indicators so that others can too benefit from this.

Attached

1) Guppy MMA (cyrox) --> Template format

2)xpMA by coders guru

3)Nittany's ToR

OK, how to use these Indicator combinations to place a trade.Place a trade only when all 3 indicators agree.

1. When Guppy MMA's 7 yellow and green lines cross each other and looks like a is mouth opening.

2. When xpMA trend is shows the same as Guppy MMA's trend

3. When Nittany's ToR shows that all time frames are trending (All Blue Arrow or All Red Arrow shows up or sideways)

Plz try this trading style of mine. I hope it comes useful to every1 out there.

HI yusof786;132845

THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK

COULD YOU TELL ME THE SETTINGS ON THE xpMA by coders guru BECAUSE

WHEN I OPEN YOUR TEMPLATE IT SEEMS TO BE MISSING

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Files:
1111111111.gif  12 kb

hi

i dont understand how xpma could help to identify ranging. the yellow line is maybe only 1 or two candles. So in what way its useful. you can only see if its up or down but now if its ranging.

swall

Swall,

Guppy's MMA template does not include xpMA by default. I manually add Coders Guru xpMA indicator onto Guppy MMA template. And the settings for xpMA are the deafult settings

Hope i helped.

Hi,

I'm looking for documentation on how to read and use the Guppy moving averages. I could not find intersting websites on the technic of trading with Guppy.

Could somebody tell me where I could find good links?

Cheers,

Daniel

dvarrin,

Personally, I think this (as well as the XPMa) is another "looks good, makes me feel good, takes away from real basic simple trading " kinda thing that, in the end, doesn't really make a difference in our day to day but here's some info nonetheless:

dvarrin:
Hi,

I'm looking for documentation on how to read and use the Guppy moving averages. I could not find intersting websites on the technic of trading with Guppy.

Could somebody tell me where I could find good links?

Cheers,

Daniel
Reason: