Checking Data Integrity

Hi there,

I am in the process of evaluating MT4 via a Forex Broker and have raised some issues with them regarding the integrity of their data. As yet their responses have been rather slow and not very enlightening. I am hoping that someone on this forum can shed some light with respect to data integrity.

What I mean by "data integrity" is my assumption (which may be incorrect) that the data for M5 or higher timeframes should match the data of the M1 timeframe.

For example, on say the EURUSD H1 chart for 2007.06.26 14:00 if you have an open of 1.3456 you would expect the first EURUSD M1 entry for that hour to have an open of 1.3456 also. This would apply to the High (highest), Low (lowest), Close and Volume (sum) values also.

If the M5 or higher timeframe data of my broker does not match the M1 data completely should this be a cause for concern? I am inclined to think that it should be since having conflicting data for the various timeframes has got to be a bad thing, hasn't it?

I wrote a simple little script (attached MINTEGRITY) to scan M1 data for a given chart, check its integrity and reports on any discrepencies between the M1 data of the chart and the data of higher timeframes.

The script will create a report file in the experts\files folder named _M1.txt, i.e. EURUSD_M1.txt.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to the responses.

Regards,

Laurence.

Files:
mintegrity.mq4  11 kb

Good Job, now I can sleep tonight :>

Dave

hi

lhookway:
Hi there,

I am in the process of evaluating MT4 via a Forex Broker and have raised some issues with them regarding the integrity of their data. As yet their responses have been rather slow and not very enlightening. I am hoping that someone on this forum can shed some light with respect to data integrity.

What I mean by "data integrity" is my assumption (which may be incorrect) that the data for M5 or higher timeframes should match the data of the M1 timeframe.

For example, on say the EURUSD H1 chart for 2007.06.26 14:00 if you have an open of 1.3456 you would expect the first EURUSD M1 entry for that hour to have an open of 1.3456 also. This would apply to the High (highest), Low (lowest), Close and Volume (sum) values also.

If the M5 or higher timeframe data of my broker does not match the M1 data completely should this be a cause for concern? I am inclined to think that it should be since having conflicting data for the various timeframes has got to be a bad thing, hasn't it?

I wrote a simple little script (attached MINTEGRITY) to scan M1 data for a given chart, check its integrity and reports on any discrepencies between the M1 data of the chart and the data of higher timeframes.

The script will create a report file in the experts\files folder named _M1.txt, i.e. EURUSD_M1.txt.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to the responses.

Regards,

Laurence.

Great job Laurence...so we can check its integrity log file

Thanks

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Reason: