Boxed GBPUSD

This is my first journal. This is a modified breakout strategy which I use on a daily basis, usually on GBPUSD, and set .

These are pre-est at the start of trading usually 6am when I get up.

There are 2 take profit targets. The first TP at 10 pip 1.9788, second 1.9809.

There is a potenital to run another lot at the third profit target but these needs descrationary, as i do not have a perfect target. I will try to add a chart (but havent technically managed to do it yet !)

Both targets taken today

(I wonder if i can use an indicator to call a script to automate these targets -mmmmmmmm)

Boxed

Good idea on the boxes and breakout.

Do you have a chart you can show us ?

I cant help on the indicator to EA quesion

Pervaz:
This is my first journal. This is a modified breakout strategy which I use on a daily basis, usually on GBPUSD, and set .

There is a potenital to run another lot at the third profit target but these needs descrationary, as i do not have a perfect target. I will try to add a chart (but havent technically managed to do it yet !)

Both targets taken today

(I wonder if i can use an indicator to call a script to automate these targets -mmmmmmmm)

Here this should help you a little bit. I just modified one of my indicators to help you with visual backtest of your idea.

Files:

Pervaz:

Both targets taken today

Please can you explain the strategy in more details.

looks good mate...

19/6 - 0 Pips - Breakeven

Bit of a lacklustre day

I broke even.

The first TP was not hit (missed by 4 pips) so the breakeven was hit.

The second breakout occurred and hit 2nd TP (25pips)

Total = 0

Im trying to attach aa pic

Files:
tuesday.gif  16 kb

Is this similar to Darvas Theory

I was just curious. Are you using Darvis Theory? It would be great if someone could create an indicator for MT4. I use it on another stock program I have, but would have no idea how to program it.

Just ran a search

I just ran a search on Darvas and found a thread on Darvas theary. Chack it out and see if it's similar to what you are trying to do.

Darvas

Hi

Ive not used Darvas boxes - just the high and lows of the previous night of trading to identify the support and resistance.

Today

HI

I think I need ot change my build (im on 206) and it is really slow for some reason

Todays stats are:

BUY at 1.9888, with a stop at 1.9863, first TP at 1.9898 2nd at 1.9917

Kalenzo Thank you for the indicator

It has saved me hours of manual backtesting (and saved my eyesight !)

Reason: