EA not trading - HELP PLEASE!

Hi All,

I am a newbie to this and have an EA which is suppose to automatically execute trades according to when certain conditions are met however it does not automatically execute trades. To test whether it is doing anything at all I selected the option for "manual confirmation" under the EA's properties, when this is selected it actually does pop up to inform me of a recommended trade for me to execute HOWEVER the buy and sell buttons are greyed out therefore still cannot execute trades. If anyone has any ideas of what is going wrong your advice/ expertise would be greatly appreciated.

compexch:
Hi All, I am a newbie to this and have an EA which is suppose to automatically execute trades according to when certain conditions are met however it does not automatically execute trades. To test whether it is doing anything at all I selected the option for "manual confirmation" under the EA's properties, when this is selected it actually does pop up to inform me of a recommended trade for me to execute HOWEVER the buy and sell buttons are greyed out therefore still cannot execute trades. If anyone has any ideas of what is going wrong your advice/ expertise would be greatly appreciated.

In some of the brokers, there are some commodities, e-mini and other currencies displayed in the price window (e.g gold, some emini, commodities or some currencies that the broker does not allow to trade) although the mentioned ones are not tradeable - they just show the prices.....

In order to understand it, try to open a manual order from the manual trading window - not from the EA - and try to see if it opens trades for what you are trying to trade with the EA.... If it is not listed in the manual trading window or gives an error mentioning that, then the broker does not support trading of the said currency or commodity..... Another check would be double clicking on the price window (marketwatch) on the currency or commodity you are trying to trade... If it opens a new order window then the broker allows manual trading and there should be another problem may be associated with the EA..... If you double click on the currency or commodity you are having problem with, and even no order window opens and nothing happens (the currency should be a bit grayed out), then the currency or the thing you are trying to trade does not exist for trading and the broker just provides price and chart for that - no trades...

Otherwise the problem is different...

If you post mq4 file, maybe someone can check code to find a problem.

Reason: