Setting up MT4 for testing new methodologies

Is there a way to scroll through charts one candle at a time without doing the obvious (carefully moving the mouse to shift the screen hoping you don't mess up and scroll overzealously)?

My method is a manual system and I really need to be able to shift the chart one candle at a time to know how well it does in backtesting. I've messed up many times trying to be careful shifting with the mouse and its just too tedious.

If this isn't possible with MT4 then please feel free to mention some good charting software that I could use to do this. Thanx

EliteJ:
Is there a way to scroll through charts one candle at a time without doing the obvious (carefully moving the mouse to shift the screen hoping you don't mess up and scroll overzealously)?

My method is a manual system and I really need to be able to shift the chart one candle at a time to know how well it does in backtesting. I've messed up many times trying to be careful shifting with the mouse and its just too tedious.

If this isn't possible with MT4 then please feel free to mention some good charting software that I could use to do this. Thanx

Hi EliteJ.....try F12 to scroll the chart one bar to the left and SHIFT+F12 to scroll the chart one bar to the right. This should make it easier for you.

johnny

yorkyjohnny:
Hi EliteJ.....try F12 to scroll the chart one bar to the left and SHIFT+F12 to scroll the chart one bar to the right. This should make it easier for you. johnny

You rock man!

Thats all I needed

Reason: