Simple Gap Finder

I made an indicator that can identify gaps that occur between the open and close of bars.

I seem to have lost the original source code, so all I can provide is the EX4 file. Everything should be pretty self explanatory.

Files:

i dont know if the forex has gaps. i've seen gaps on one feed but diff gaps on another so i think it may just be that certain feeds cant keep up, and so not everyone sees the same

Oh yeah, there ARE gaps. Just check out my indy, you'll see.

Gaps on Weekends

Gaps often form on the weekends. Also, you will see these "gaps" backfill before a new week's trend is established.

Thanks for the indi. Should be interesting. Is it better on longer TFs?

COTtrader

ryanklefas:
I made an indicator that can identify gaps that occur between the open and close of bars. I seem to have lost the original source code, so all I can provide is the EX4 file. Everything should be pretty self explanatory.

How do I change this indi to MQ4 so I can install it on Metatrader4?

I am sorry but I am not sure what EX4 is.

Any information on how to make this thing work. I would really like to use it. I have got it installed but I cant place it on the chart. Since it is an EX4 file I put in under experts. I got that much figured out.

North Pro broker has a lot of gaps especially on Sunday. This EURAUD gap has not been covered up yet. The one around 1.6465 on May 8th.

Check out this video, it'll show you how to trade gap.

http://forexclips.com/freetradingvideos/gap-play-video/gap-play-video.html

Files:

Drivefast:
Any information on how to make this thing work. I would really like to use it. I have got it installed but I cant place it on the chart. Since it is an EX4 file I put in under experts. I got that much figured out.

it's an indicator, so where you are going to put it will have a directory tree like this:

experts\indicators\

Drivefast:
How do I change this indi to MQ4 so I can install it on Metatrader4? I am sorry but I am not sure what EX4 is.

"Installing" an indicator results in a compiled MQ4 file

MQ4 -> EX4

This file is already compiled, so just put it in your "indicators" folder.

i dont have the same gaps as you

Files:
untitled.jpg  81 kb

ryanklefas:
"Installing" an indicator results in a compiled MQ4 file

MQ4 -> EX4

This file is already compiled, so just put it in your "indicators" folder.

Thank you I got it to work.

Can this indicator be modified so that it will display text saying how big the gap is in pips?

Reason: