MA Cross lovers... gather here!

I know that Moving Average cross systems are quite popular, so I made a generic one that can take whatever standard MA you want. An explanation of the features is in the source code, but I'll also post them here:

extern string averages="==== MA Settings ====================";

extern int FastPeriod=5; // Period for calculating MA

extern int FastShift=0; // Shift the MA over X number of bars

extern int FastType=0; // 0: Simple moving average

// 1: Exponential moving average

// 2: Smoothed moving average

// 3: Linear weighted moving average

extern int FastApplication=0; // 0: Close price

// 1: Open price

// 2: High price

// 3: Low price

// 4: Median price, (high+low)/2

// 5: Typical price, (high+low+close)/3

// 6: Weighted close price, (high+low+close+close)/4

extern int SlowPeriod=10;

extern int SlowShift=0;

extern int SlowType=0;

extern int SlowApplication=0;

extern string manage="==== Order Management ====================";

extern int BreakEvenAtProfit=0;

extern int BreakEvenShift=0; // Move the breakeven point up or down around the order open price

extern int TrailingStop=0;

extern bool OnlyTrailAfterProfit=false; // Trailing Stop will only trails when order is profitable

extern string account="==== Account Settings ====================";

extern int MinimumEquity=0; // New orders will be disabled if equity drops below minimum

extern int MinimumBalance=0; // New orders will be disabled if balance drops below minimum

extern string activity="==== EA Activity Settings ====================";

extern bool DisableClosingOrders=false; // If true, the order closing section of the EA will not run

extern bool DisableNewOrders=false; // If true, the order creating section of the EA will not run

extern int ConcurrentOrdersMax=10;

extern string id="==== Identity Settings ====================";

extern int ExpertID=127792141; // Magic number: for identifying an EA's orders

extern bool TimeSpecific=false; // If true, Time frames are considered in determining

// whether an order belongs to the EA or not

extern string ExpertName="Generic MA Cross"; // Expert name: for aesthetic purposes

Hi

Hi....

Sorry i have no programming background at all, but i want to make an EA based on LWMA. The logic is very2 simple, buy if the "CANDLES FULLY FORMED" above LWMA and vice versa for short...

Thanks before

Minor update: This one will only take one trade per bar.

I love moving averages, thanks for creating this thread. I am working on a system with MA cross, well a variation of ma. They are called t3 and t3-1. The results look very auspicious. More testing is required. Can you help me with one thing? A audio alert when they cross. I would appreciate that if you can.

Files:

DonaldInvest:
I love moving averages, thanks for creating this thread. I am working on a system with MA cross, well a variation of ma. They are called t3 and t3-1. The results look very auspicious. More testing is required. Can you help me with one thing? A audio alert when they cross. I would appreciate that if you can.

Youn need to post the code to do that!

DonaldInvest:

Post the code or PM me if you want it confidential.

I'll add an alert for you.

ps: mq4 file is the code. if you don't have the code, we can't help you.

Guys i don't have the code, didn't know we needed that to make the alert, i am such a MT4 noob

I downloaded the indicators like this here on tsd...

DonaldInvest:
Guys i don't have the code, didn't know we needed that to make the alert, i am such a MT4 noob I downloaded the indicators like this here on tsd...

Then decompile it! But its illegal so don't

If you find the code, we'll add alert

EA for trading system @ www.babypips.com

Hi Shinigami,

I am manually forward testing the trading system at babypips

Setup Your System in Six Steps - 11th Grade: Create Your Own Trading System - Beginner's Guide to Forex Trading, Free Forex Education, Learn to Trade Forex, Forex Training - BabyPips.com

So far, I found it from BreakEven to profitable. It has standard features of a standard EA. It doesn't look very complicated.

Can you write an EA for it? I will test it on MT4 platform and post result here.

Thanks in advance.

Nearly had enough

Before I take the final step in this forex saga, & throw the whole bunch of

c--p in the bin...is there anyone out there who can point me at a SIMPLEmoving average entry EA.

All I need is an entry at open of next bar following a cross (My choice of MA's type & style, TP & SL) - nothing else (Though it would be nice if I could also choose a time for it to place the trade).

Thanks all

(Moderator, please move if in the wrong thread)

Moved it to simple.

The other EAs are on this section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

And this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Reason: