Thinking outside the box

I have been forward testing the EMA Cross EA and after seeing how the trades were playing out I had a different thought of how to possible make this a better system. I am not a programmer so I hope someone could help be with this.

My settings: Testing on 1 Hour Time Frame

TakeProfit = 50

TrailingStop = 10

StopLoss = 20

UseStopLoss = true

ShortEMA = 1

LongEMA = 3

immediate_trade = false

reversal = true

Lots = 1.0

MM = true

AccountIsMicro = true

Risk = 10

UseHourTrade = false

FromHourTrade = 8

ToHourTrade = 18

Show_Settings = true

Observations

Currently the system is to fade the EMA cross with a 20 pip stop, 10 pip trailing stop and a 50 pip target. I now this is to tight, but this is what made me think about changing this strategy after seeing how it traded. What I am observing is that usually the trade hits the stop pretty quickly. Or it takes awhile as it trades sideways and go towards the target by about 10 to 20 pips then stops out with the trailing stop. But the stops are out winning the trailing stop trades. With only 2 trades hitting the 50 pip target after about 30 to 40 trades.

What If

The thought is to trade the cross instead of the fade with a 20 pip target and a 50 pip stop but if the trade goes against me by 10 pips then the target is adjusted to 10 pips. Instead of a trailing stop loss it would be a trailing target. I am not sure if this can be programmed but I have attached the EMA CROSS EA that I am using. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

KC14

Files:

you ema

you need to post the mq4 file if you want folks to look at it.

reverse stops are a little advanced for me. Likely, you would need some coding in modify order area.

Likely a pipstep or a spread in the distance between the order could work.

someone here may be able to do that.

Thanks AJK

ajk:
you need to post the mq4 file if you want folks to look at it.

reverse stops are a little advanced for me. Likely, you would need some coding in modify order area.

Likely a pipstep or a spread in the distance between the order could work.

someone here may be able to do that.

Thanks AJK

I have uploaded the correct file on the 1st post.

Reason: