NewsGrab - an easy way to filter risky news-trades with your favourite EA.

Hi Newsgroup,

I have been using the attached Metatrader-Addon for a while in my personal live trading. Its a module, which will extract the daily news from the ForexFactory-Website. It provides your favourite EA an easy interface to access those news-data. Now you can decide how your EA should react on such an event. In the included sample-script I close all trades and re-open them later when its save.

Even if you know nothing about Metalanguage it should be easy for you to attach this code into your favourite EA so you automatically skip those risky trading times. This piece of code could also be very interesting in combination with of one of those Straddle-EAs.

I'm more than interested in your comments.

The attached ZIP-file contains the DLL-file itself, a sample-script for Metatrader and a full documentation in PDF-format.

Best wishes,

Heiko

Files:
newsgrab.zip  118 kb

Why is it only a sample?

matrixebiz:
Why is it only a sample?

Its only a sample because there are many different ways how this module can possibly be used The sample-application will focus on the most common usage.

I noticed that 63 people have already downloaded my module. Any comments so far? Did it work as expected?

rainx,

I've been looking for something like this for a while. I was about to adapt grabweb.mq4 from http://www.forexmt4.com/_MT4_Experts/ for my needs until I found this thread.

My time zone is Sydney Australia and the automatic timezone detection got the daylight savings settings wrong. I manually had to change the settings file.

The one problem I have at the moment, is that it only grabs today's news. If there is news at say 00:01 then I only have a minute to reacte.

Except for the last issue, it is very easy to use and it works exactly as I would need.

Keep up the good coding.

Grant

Reason: