EA expiration date - page 2

mladen:
So far new metatrader 4 ex4 can not be decompiled

For how long will it stay decompiler proof?

As soon as there is a stable version, we can bet that there will be a decompiler too

checkin:
For how long will it stay decompiler proof? As soon as there is a stable version, we can bet that there will be a decompiler too

We shall see

They are promising better protection

mladen:
We shall see They are promising better protection

They also promised that the new metatrader 4 is going to be better than the old

checkin:
They also promised that the new metatrader 4 is going to be better than the old

You can always obfuscate the source code, but that does not prevent decompilation - only make it much harder to understand the logic. Anyway, this time I hope they are bot going to leak the decompiler like they did with previous builds

mladen:
You can always obfuscate the source code, but that does not prevent decompilation - only make it much harder to understand the logic. Anyway, this time I hope they are bot going to leak the decompiler like they did with previous builds

As soon as someone of the coders gets fired, we shall see the decompiler

checkin:
As soon as someone of the coders gets fired, we shall see the decompiler

Ooops, if they want to make it working, they should fire most of them soon.

Ovo:
Ooops, if they want to make it working, they should fire most of them soon.

:):)

They should start from themselves (the bosses) but I do not think that they are sober enough to understand that

mladen:

Hi Mladen, do you know a way how to obfluscate the MQL source? The custom obfluscator would need an MQL parser - I did not hear there was any attempt yet.

I hope the decompiler will not be available in the next couple of years, because with the old MQL4 I found that effort about protecting code cost me more than the code itself.

Ovo:
Hi Mladen, do you know a way how to obfluscate the MQL source? The custom obfluscator would need an MQL parser - I did not hear there was any attempt yet. I hope the decompiler will not be available in the next couple of years, because with the old MQL4 I found that effort about protecting code cost me more than the code itself.

Ovo

I do not know any that is more than a half amateur attempt to do so with metatrader code. So far extern parameters were problem (their names could not have been obfuscated) and built in functions could not be obfuscated (same case).

As far as I see the problem is in P-code structure of ex4 files. They may call it however they want (byte code, executable, ...) but remember the first coding languages using P-code : basic, clipper, ... they all had to use original built in function names since otherwise they could not have been executed. New metatrader 4 is still a P-code and whatever obfuscator we use, now we may obfuscate extern names eventually but built in functions names will still stay - and then we are at square 1

But I promise one thing : if I find a reliable obfuscator for metatrader I will be the first one that will spamm the whole net with references and links to it (not just posting on TSD about it)

mladen:
Ovo

I do not know any that is more than a half amateur attempt to do so with metatrader code. So far extern parameters were problem (their names could not have been obfuscated) and built in functions could not be obfuscated (same case).

As far as I see the problem is in P-code structure of ex4 files. They may call it however they want (byte code, executable, ...) but remember the first coding languages using P-code : basic, clipper, ... they all had to use original built in function names since otherwise they could not have been executed. New metatrader 4 is still a P-code and whatever obfuscator we use, now we may obfuscate extern names eventually but built in functions names will still stay - and then we are at square 1

But I promise one thing : if I find a reliable obfuscator for metatrader I will be the first one that will spamm the whole net with references and links to it (not just posting on TSD about it)

Thanks, Mladen! Actually the new syntax with use of classes would be a quite good target for obfluscation - I cannot imagine anyone following such source, even with all the build-in functions visible.

But still the better option remains the non-existent decompiler. Nobody is going to complicate his life until the threat is real.

Reason: