Forex signal generator - page 101

derekc:
If anyone is interested in this system, rather than spending money and buying some of the EA's on offer I have created an EA to follow the 20DP rules.

I have tested on strategy tester and it is following the daily signals as supplied on this site although the data I use is from Alpari which is slightly different.

The M1 GBPUSD history data is not available from Alpari at the moment so I haven't been able to test over the last couple of years as I would like to do.

Perhaps someone is interested in doing some testing on GBPUSD and also on other pairs, we just have to change the profit, stop and A and B level peramiters for other pairs.

I have attached the zip file containing the EA and indicators necessary for calculations as well as the profile for GBPUSD.

Please let me know what you think and if we need to change anything.

Thanks for your great works !!! also can you supply it with the manual and how to use it properly? what the meaning with the variable of "magic number", "risk 1", "Aternoonst", "Afternoonend", "Morningst" and "Morningend" ?

20DP Expert

Hi paijolopez,

I have set up the ea to follow the rules as per the 20dp system. The code can be found in the EA under the section "//Calculate 20P pending entry prices"

The EA will place a sellstop or buystop order at the start of the trading session.

The EA will handle an extra decimal place on the quote value, Alpari

has recenly introduced this. (GBPUSD = 0.00001). Also if the pair has 2 or 3 digits like USDJPY.

The orders are set to expire at the end of the trading session as specified or after 5 hours from opening if they are not hit.

The EA is limited to take only max of 1 OP_BUY or OP_SELL trade per day, if the we already have had 1 OP_BUY or OP_SELL no more orders will be placed until the next day. This code can be found in the EA under the section "//Test how many trades have been taken for the day, we must only do 1 trade per day"

This EA also has the functionality to palce long and short stop orders and cancel the other when becomes an open order although this is not necessary with the 20dp system.

If you want to test on other pairs then simply drop the EA on the chart, you will need an M1, H1 and Daily chart open. Also the variable values will need to be altered to suit.

The meaning of the variables is as follows:

_MagicNumber

Is the unique number assigned to the order so the EA can manage the order, this will allow trading of multiple pairs.

Loss and profit targets

StopLoss1 = 30;//distance to StopLoss in points (0 - disable)

TakeProfit1 = 20;//distance to TakeProfit in points (0 - disable)

TrailingStop1 = 150;//Trailing Stop in points (0 - disable), we are not using a trainig stop in the 20DP system so it is set to a high level or just make it = 0 to disable it.

Level1=21;// A level as specified in the 20DP rules

Level2=41;// B Level as specified in the 20DP rules

Money management

risk1 = 8;//This is the % loss of your account balance you would like to risk. The EA will calculate the number of lots needed in order to risk x % of the account value if the stoploss is hit assuming the account is USD.

Currently In the EA the default number of lots is = 1 for testing purposes, this is under the "//Money management" section.

Set session time period//

This gives us the option of specifying during which hours of the day you want to trade when the volumes are the highest. You can have 2 trading sessions if needed. as below.

Afternoonst = 6;//Session open, maybe Europe US market open

Afternoonend = 17;//Session close, maybe Europe US market close

Morningst = 6;//Session open, maybe Asian market open

Morningend = 6;//Session close, maybe Asian market close

Daily Forex Signal Monday 08 JUN 2009

D20P SELL B GBP/USD 1.6010

take profit 1.5990

stoploss 1.6040

CLOSED LOSS -30 pips

Thank you so much Derekc, I will try it out

Daily Forex Signal Thursday 09 JUN 2009

D20P BUY B GBP/USD 1.6025