Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 62

Thank you Newdigital for your help.

Jo

xxDavidxSxx:
hush befor you take away from any respect you have left.

in the united states (dunno about others) you can patent an idea, then sell it to some one to develop that idea. The idea doesn't even have to work in real life. But can be sold to some one who can make it work in real life.

I had an idea and with out my idea bipoler would not be here simple as that.

crawl out of shrubs? hahahaha. ok if you want to go that route....My shrubs(home) cost 300k. How bout yours?

I make a living trading and people all over the world know it. My way of thinking and trade ideas make me and alot of others alot of money. I also manage several accounts. This is also well known all over the world as one of my clients is in australia. All my clients came from my popularity on forexfactory.

Once again I will remind you .....I offered you half of any winnings.

you said you made these ea's to put a little cash in our pockets and thats all. Well we are all in forex for Big bucks not little cash. If you want a little extra cash go have a yard sale or something.

Private Message: Re: thanks

12-20-2006, 07:27 PM

bluto is on a distinguished road

Dave - you're one of the few traders I've encountered that has an opinion worth considering. I don't know if people are getting dumber....perhaps just lazier...content to wait for handouts instead of learning and taking inititiative. Sadly, these are the one's that make up that 90% you mentioned.

Here is the private message you sent me for all to see what your opinion of me really was.

So once again HushhHHH your mouth.

I complimented you by wanting to enter your work in a contest and you totaly turned into a wussie. run away and hide again.

As a programmer, I'm really learning a lot from this!

1. If you give something away, it doesn't belong to you anymore.

2. Protect everything.

3. You can work your rearend off, give away your blood, only to be called names.

4. Either sell the $@#% thing for a profit, or let go of it, and don't ever expect any gratitude either way.

I'll tell y'all a little story.

Fellow I met on line told me to try a 5 / 13 EMA crossover with 21 RSI. I looked at it, liked it, programmed it to test.

The EA pumped money out of the account very efficiently. So after enough trying, I finally thought "why not just program the #$%#^ thing in reverse?!" So I did.

It made money, but missed the big moves. The original strategy worked well in a trend. So I came up with a way to decide what gear to run in, forward or reverse.

Then, I found the thread on FF where the guy (bagovino) originally posted the strategy, someone had programmed it, and documented the thread, they had gone through the same process I had, including the reverse, etc...

So, Dave, thank you for what you contributed, for working up settings, and all you've shared, but:

1. Don't think that because you thought of a simple idea, that you're the only one who could have come up with it.

2. Stop saying that you're the only reason Bipolar exists, because, believe it or not, the programmer had something to do with the program's existence.

3. Chill out a little. Make money, enjoy life.

xxDavidxSxx:
Heres one of those tests we all like to see. Makes you "think" your gonna get rich quick

Yes, I have more of those tests ...

Currently, I am still working on improving/filtering entries:

- Use JMA to filter price (Bid above JMA for buy and vice versa)

- Wait for the price to retrace some pips before entering with first order, signal is valid for some predefined time only (simulates a buy stop order below current price for a better long entry)

You wouldn't believe how these two filters improve entries on backtest:

EURUSD H1 1999-2007 makes > 2000k from 50k with profit factor 2.02 and max drawdown 4.71% (12k)

Trade statistics:

Avg profit 115.27, avg loss -561.71, w/l 20.52%, win prob 93.89%; Exp 73.89 (13.15%); Kelly 0.16, # 14.26

Long stopped out: 4 (-6050.00), short stopped out: 1 (-6300.00)

L: 1780 (-561.71),T 1: 11893(99.78),2: 8460(143.01),3: 4394(107.77),4: 2207(106.67),5: 1121(-30.65),6: 503(-217.21),7: 270(-613.21),8: 149(-1635.00),9: 100(-3019.15),10: 21(-4730.08)

Buy winners 14318,losers 918; Sell winners 13020, losers 862; Trades 29118, Total winners 27338 (94%), losers 1780 (6%); Longest 243, shortest 1, avg run 16.4, max cons. losers 4

Again, note that these results are generated without compounding and with using stop loss (which has been triggered once in a while).

Now I start yet another forward test ...

pursueyourdreams:
As a programmer, I'm really learning a lot from this!

1. If you give something away, it doesn't belong to you anymore.

2. Protect everything.

3. You can work your rearend off, give away your blood, only to be called names.

4. Either sell the $@#% thing for a profit, or let go of it, and don't ever expect any gratitude either way.

I'll tell y'all a little story.

Fellow I met on line told me to try a 5 / 13 EMA crossover with 21 RSI. I looked at it, liked it, programmed it to test.

The EA pumped money out of the account very efficiently. So after enough trying, I finally thought "why not just program the #$%#^ thing in reverse?!" So I did.

It made money, but missed the big moves. The original strategy worked well in a trend. So I came up with a way to decide what gear to run in, forward or reverse.

Then, I found the thread on FF where the guy (bagovino) originally posted the strategy, someone had programmed it, and documented the thread, they had gone through the same process I had, including the reverse, etc...

So, Dave, thank you for what you contributed, for working up settings, and all you've shared, but:

1. Don't think that because you thought of a simple idea, that you're the only one who could have come up with it.

2. Stop saying that you're the only reason Bipolar exists, because, believe it or not, the programmer had something to do with the program's existence.

3. Chill out a little. Make money, enjoy life.

A little late to bring this back up after the dust has already settled.

But I must respond. Bluto did a wonderful job on goblin and bipoler. Not trying to take that away by no means. But when you show documentation proving this was already done then cool. But it hasn't. Every programmer I talked to trying to get them to make terminator trade both direction at one time thought I was nuts, and or it was too hard. I produced the proof that it would work with goblin, and terminator. So Bluto was kind enough to integrate it into bipoler.

Big things start with an idea. There are people with jobs who get payed 6 figures, just for stupid ideas. Just look on the tv at commercials. And cooperate offices. Presidential advisor's. I happen to know the market, and how it works.

So there is plenty of merit for an individual who can only provide a different angle, or idea.

Sure I cann't code. But the guys designing the cars can't build a car either.

Sure the way it went down was wrong. Nothing any one can do now.

I think I have been plenty chilled and this dead horse has been beat a few too many times.

Dave

alassio:
Enclosed is an improved version of my Bipolar variant:

- Corrects a bug causing dynamic lots not to recompute after every trade

- Improved statistics showing the statistics of every trade (not only winners)

- Statistics about stopped out trades added

My enclosed settings file shows the best results concerning profit/risk tradeoff I could find in backtests so far. It uses max trades 10 and stop loss. Note however, that orders > 6 will be losers (by purpose), configured to get you out with reasonable cost. During longer test periods, also the stops are triggered from time to time, doing no harm to overall profit.

Now to my current confusion: I still don't quite understand how the JMA indicator works. I implicitly assumed that a shorter timeframe will give me a higher number of trades, because only the previous two bars are used for the signal and more bars means potentially more signals.

However, as you see in my two backtests for 2007, M15 tests only generate 84 trades, whereas H1 generates 222 trades. Comparing again the M15 vs H1 timeframes, H1 seems better in terms of stability and drawdown.

The only explanation I find for my findings is that the JMA indicator takes into account also the current bar even when only the previous bars are asked for, therefore recomputing the past signal value when the present bar changes.

Is this correct? Since I still see a lot of signals by the JMA indicator that are too late and cause max trades used getting unnecessary high, I would like to improve the usage of JMA, however I never seem to get the desired behaviour. Please advise if you have better insight into the JMA indicator!

I think I had another one of those ideas again...lol

To go along with the fixed lots, what do you think of indavidual TP's for each order. Increase the lots zide and lower the target so its more likely to get hit. ...endless possiblities.

Dave

I change the rsx signal peroid to adjust at what point in the trend it gives signal. Seems to work well from 5-8 rsx peroid m15 rsx time frame.

Just play with that rsx peroid # untill it enters when you want. But it will need tweeked again on live money. My forward tests were on a demo set at 3. But it traded against the trend. Now I set it to 5 and it runs with the trend nicely, with out going the other way on false signals.

It will be different on each broker.

xxDavidxSxx:
I think I had another one of those ideas again...lol

To go along with the fixed lots, what do you think of indavidual TP's for each order. Increase the lots zide and lower the target so its more likely to get hit. ...endless possiblities.

Yes I thought about that too, but didn't implement it yet. A higher TP doesn't increase the risk, but especially for the lower two orders a higher TP may improve the results without lowering probabilities too much.

Test 12

giapel:
hi, CatMan

i attach you my version of goblin with hedge strategy : when i open max trades i open contrary-order with breakeven and stop loss.

but i think that the solution is when one series works for other series to hedge.

giapel

i am using tf=1h

giapel

I ran a backtest on your test12 version on GBPUSD H1 for the full year 2006. It produced a profit factor of 4.94 which is the best I seen so far on any other Goblin version - good work!

xxDavidxSxx:
...I change the rsx signal peroid to adjust at what point in the trend it gives signal. Seems to work well from 5-8 rsx peroid m15 rsx time frame.

Just play with that rsx peroid # untill it enters when you want. But it will need tweeked again on live money. My forward tests were on a demo set at 3. But it traded against the trend. Now I set it to 5 and it runs with the trend nicely, with out going the other way on false signals.

It will be different on each broker.

Yes, rsx seems easier to control. Basically, the following signals seem to work fine:

- JMA on H1 timeframe

- RSX5 on M15 timeframe (implicitly uses also JVEL)

I guess combining them is ok. Adding filters reduces trade ratio and can flatten the equity curve.

Using only JMA makes backtesting very fast, which allows me to quickly evaluate new ideas, such as the mentioned individual TP for every order:

It looks as if you can now create any desired profile you want. E.g. reducing TP to the minimum of 8 (Velocity trader) for orders 1 and 2 turns Bipolar into a scalping machine that if combined with delayed entry 5 pips below triples the account in 2006 while having max drawdown of only 1.84%. From 1000 trades only 4% are losers and more than 80% of the winners are from max order up to 2.

When you reach such a level of flexibility of manipulating the development of the equity curve, it is very easy to add filters that prevent trading during exceptional times such as high volatility or trading over weekends etc. You only want to keep the consistency to grind out profits regularly ...

Yes, rsx seems easier to control. Basically, the following signals seem to work fine:

- JMA on H1 timeframe

- RSX5 on M15 timeframe (implicitly uses also JVEL)

I guess combining them is ok. Adding filters reduces trade ratio and can flatten the equity curve.

Using only JMA makes backtesting very fast, which allows me to quickly evaluate new ideas, such as the mentioned individual TP for every order:

It looks as if you can now create any desired profile you want. E.g. reducing TP to the minimum of 8 (Velocity trader) for orders 1 and 2 turns Bipolar into a scalping machine that if combined with delayed entry 5 pips below triples the account in 2006 while having max drawdown of only 1.84%. From 1000 trades only 4% are losers and more than 80% of the winners are from max order up to 2.

When you reach such a level of flexibility of manipulating the development of the equity curve, it is very easy to add filters that prevent trading during exceptional times such as high volatility or trading over weekends etc. You only want to keep the consistency to grind out profits regularly ...

alassio, can you post the settings so that Goblin becomes that scalper? There are some brokers wich provide 1 pip spread, so this idea would be very interesting...

Trader83:
alassio, can you post the settings so that Goblin becomes that scalper? There are some brokers wich provide 1 pip spread, so this idea would be very interesting...

Hi Trader83,

Do those brokers allow scalping? Which ones are they? I would appreciate this info.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Reason: