How to enter external variables?

Is it possible to have a box pop up when the EA loads that will ask for a value?

For example, if I want to customize an EA I have that will allow me to enter the percentage profit I want before it closes all trades, is there a way to do that without changing the code everytime?

Thanks

icepeak:
Is it possible to have a box pop up when the EA loads that will ask for a value?

For example, if I want to customize an EA I have that will allow me to enter the percentage profit I want before it closes all trades, is there a way to do that without changing the code everytime?

Thanks

Hm... something like (put this code after #properties statement):

extern int profit = 200;//where 200 is just default value?

What I was wanting was something like a box that would pop up when you open the chart that asks how much profit instead of having it in the code. Is that possible?

icepeak:
What I was wanting was something like a box that would pop up when you open the chart that asks how much profit instead of having it in the code. Is that possible?

Do you mean something like the windows inputbox?

Files:
inputbox.jpg  38 kb

Yes

Yes, that is what I mean.

icepeak:
Yes, that is what I mean.

But this is very hard thing I'm talking with MetaQuotes Tech Support about this!

But, Anything can be done in c++, I'll tell you if I find a trick!

Thank you. I will also post the result if I find the answer so that others may learn.

Reason: