Can anyone explain why EA´s dont work. - page 2

Kurka Fund:
Where are these EA's???

Privately developed. I know a few personally. They won't even give me a copy of their sacred EA(s). There are many brilliant traders out there with market knowledge and programming skill that never surface in forums such as these and prefer to stay out of sight, quietly making profits. One trader I know maintains an average capital balance of about $250K and is quite happy to make 3-7% per month which he lives off of.

bluto:
Privately developed. I know a few personally. They won't even give me a copy of their sacred EA(s). There are many brilliant traders out there with market knowledge and programming skill that never surface in forums such as these and prefer to stay out of sight, quietly making profits. One trader I know maintains an average capital balance of about $250K and is quite happy to make 3-7% per month which he lives off of.

I wouldnt be surprised to be honest. If I had an EA that was doing 5-10% consistantly that I worked on by myself without the help of any others.. I probably wouldnt share it either. I guess it's time to read up on my C programming..

drgoodvibe:
I wouldnt be surprised to be honest. If I had an EA that was doing 5-10% consistantly that I worked on by myself without the help of any others.. I probably wouldnt share it either. I guess it's time to read up on my C programming..

ROFL! I've heard of seasoned traders who have been successful trading manually and decide to hire or contract an MT4 programmer to automate their system to spec. One such system I know of took 5 months of development/testing/refinement and cost the trader a bundle of money, so I'm certain you'd never see it show up on some internet forum or EBay.

An MA cross is not valid till the bar closes. If you use the current bar it can have many false crosses. You have to train your eye to look at the last closed bar after the cross unless your playing on any cross false or not. It looks very deceiving

kaztraz:

Why is it so hard to make the "system" (as in the computer software/ EA) do what we ask of it.

example:

You make an EA which is suposed to use 2 MA's one 8 and another 26 then you want it to buy when the 8 crosses upwards over the 26 and viceversa when 26 crosses 8. and in either way have a stop loss of 15 pips and take proffit at 30 (example)

Reason: