Collector v1.00 - page 2

Yes, you're right, Steve. As with all doubling, or Martingale type systems, if you have enough capital to keep weathering the losses and doubling the trade size each time, you will always end up in profit. That's a big IF, though, and the key usually lies in understanding how many levels deep you can afford to go into the progression vs. how likely the traded pair is to take you that deep - or deeper.

I don't know why I can't get this code to trade correctly, though, and I'd love to get some other programmers looking at it to see what I'm doing wrong. The development of the idea is kind of stuck right now, because the code doesn't work, and until we can sniff out the problem, I'm not sure where we can take this...

Well, I'm eager to see a working version so that I can test it out. This sounds like the kind of ea I'd like to trade.

After the frustration I've had trying to get the EA code working, I stepped aside and wrote a separate program for detailed backtesting of this concept - I don't trust the MT backtester, but I know that my own code is accurate.

The good news is that this system is foolproof, and guarantees positive results when tuned properly. The bad news is that it earns an average of about 0.3% per annum in it's current form.. This is based on testing with USDJPY data.. it may be better with other pairs, but certainly not enough to make it worthwhile...

I'll keep thinking of ways to modify it for greater profitability, but for now I'm going to focus on some other ideas that I think will be better money-makers...

Well, I'm much encouraged by my latest discovery... I screwed up the profit calculations on my last tests, and I've found that in fact this system is generating more like 22% profit annually. Still not stellar, but I know of an awful lot of traders who would love to consistently make 20%+ per year

The research continues...

Hey Z. Hows the growth coming with this one? I think this system has a lot of potential. I'm really curious to see what all you "magicians" can come up with now!!

Jar

Reason: