Email set up gmail

Could someone show how to setup metatrader to send email alerts via the built in email. I am using gmail and cannot set it up.

Thanks

dazminder:
Could someone show how to setup metatrader to send email alerts via the built in email. I am using gmail and cannot set it up. Thanks

1. Hit the documentation that goes with MetaTrader or check www.mql4.com. In terms of "how", its all should be there.

2. Gmail uses SSL, thus you MIGHT have problems with that. Can't say for sure, since I've never tried sending to (with) gmail from MT.

3. From gmail help, you might need this info (addresses, ports):

To configure your client manually:

Open Outlook or Outlook Express.

Click the 'Tools' menu, and select 'Accounts...'

Click 'Add,' and then click 'Mail...'

Enter your name in the 'Display name:' field, and click 'Next.'

Enter your full Google Mail email address (username@googlemail.com) in the 'Email address:' field, and click 'Next.'

Enter 'pop.googlemail.com' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:' field. Enter 'smtp.googlemail.com' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:' field.

Click 'Next.'

Enter your Google Mail username (including '@googlemail.com') in the 'Account name:' field. Enter your Google Mail password in the 'Password:' field, and click 'Next.'

Click 'Finish.'

Highlight 'pop.googlemail.com' under 'Account,' and click 'Properties.'

Click the 'Advanced' tab.

Tick the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)' under 'Outgoing Mail (SMTP).'

Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP):' field.

Tick the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)' under 'Incoming mail (POP3).' The port will change to 995.

*The order of 'Outgoing' and 'Incoming' mail server fields varies by version. Make sure you enter the correct information in each field.

Click the 'Servers' tab, and tick the box next to 'My server requires authentication.'

Click 'OK.'

And again, keep in mind the fact that gmail requires SSL connection, and I am not sure if MT can do this.

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

Gmail Motion.

Just watch this Video:

YouTube - Introducing Gmail Motion

Can't wait to get back to my laptop and try it.

Gmail Motion BETA

What do you think?

josef:
Just watch this Video:

YouTube - Introducing Gmail Motion

Can't wait to get back to my laptop and try it.

Gmail Motion BETA

What do you think?

Thanks for this. I have been looking for way of doing the same.

Reason: