CycleBAR - page 2

iscuba11:
I tried this cyclebar indicator on a short time frame. What I found is that it does not refresh itself. This morning I checked to see if it triggered, but did not. When I added another of the same indicator with the same settings to the graph, it triggered a sell line at a high point in the near past. Can you make this indicator refresh itself?? Dave

Hi,

I've asked it many times and the answer is always the same.

NOT POSSIBLE!!!

Good luck with another indicator

put a zigzag on the chart should be the same unless this one is different from what i looked at ages ago

Cyclebars indicator - what a trap!

I downloaded cyclebars.mq4 yesterday and spent a whole day testing it until I realized at about 2 am in the morning (austime) that it modifies the past using data from the present to make itself look perfect!

It looked promising to begin with, even though I read someones comment: "It repaints the past" which didnt quite "sink in".

This indicator, if you could call it that, "uses future data to predict the past" whereas a true indicator "uses past data to predict the future"!

This trap indicator, and others in its class, should be put in a separate group with warnings comments in them to prevent traders wasting precious time trying them out.

Same applies to EA's with poor modelling quality in Backtesting.

Forex-tsd is a such a fine "park of discovery" it is a shame to see such garbage littering the flowerbeds.

dph.

Cyclebars indicator - what a trap!

(moderator: this was posted in tools and utilities by mistake)

I downloaded cyclebars.mq4 yesterday and spent a whole day testing it until I realized at about 2 am in the morning (austime) that it modifies the past using data from the present to make itself look perfect!

It looked promising to begin with, even though I read someones comment: "It repaints the past" which didnt quite "sink in".

This indicator, if you could call it that, "uses future data to predict the past" whereas a true indicator "uses past data to predict the future"!

This trap indicator, and others in its class, should be put in a separate group with warnings comments in them to prevent traders wasting precious time trying them out.

Same applies to EA's with poor modelling quality in Backtesting.

Forex-tsd is a such a fine "park of discovery" it is a shame to see such garbage littering the flowerbeds.

dph.

If you find a single indicator that "uses past data to predict the future"...please let me know...if you find such indicator that is accurate 50% of the time I'll pay you billion in any currency...since dollar is dying...:)...

Use this

Hi dph,

i use this indicator to identify cycles on M1 Timeframe!

It's lightly modified for better viewing.

Good profits

beppi

Files:

beppi:
Hi dph,

i use this indicator to identify cycles on M1 Timeframe!

It's lightly modified for better viewing.

Good profits

beppi

Isnt this one the old repainter mentioned in other threads?

Pava:
If you find a single indicator that "uses past data to predict the future"...please let me know...if you find such indicator that is accurate 50% of the time I'll pay you billion in any currency...since dollar is dying...:)...

A billion.

PM me I can get the indicator but you have to pay me a billion

hahahahaha just joking.

My suggestion if you are looking for indicator the setting is the key but how about you combine indicators to make a system.That will be more acurate.

You also can try browsing systems from TSD forumers.

HeHe...you think it is possible to create a workable system using parts that don't work?...

Repainting

increase:
Isnt this one the old repainter mentioned in other threads?

Hi increase,

of course the indicator repaints!

Excuse me, forgot the warning.

There is no cycle-indicator that works on life chart and not repaints!

That's a problem with the mode of operation.

I use it only as a part of my complex trading system for TF M1 and M5.

Therefore it's a powerful tool.

Big profits for you

beppi

Reason: