CCI Trend/Direction Indicator - page 3

I am not sure what is your question, but just a suggestion :

in that code default WPR levels are set to 5 and 95 . Since WPR can never exceed 0 (WPR oscillates in range of 0 to -100) then this code

if(WPR>=WPR_levelB)

will never be truth, since WPR_levelB is set to 95.

ZIGANI:
respected "mladen's" is there meaning cross(combine) it miracle (code is not complete). sorry for my english, i' from Rassi

Using CCI to confirm trend

I looked for a thread under which to post this and this seemed the closest. The CCI indicator has sometimes been called a "predictor" because it sometimes moves in the new direction shortly before price does. It is my experience that there are too many false "predictions" to rely on this. Instead I use CCI for confirmation of trend or reversal. I do this by smoothing the CCI. I put CCI in a window giving it "none" for the color and a level of zero. Then I drag the LWMA of that indicator into the same window. When the LWMA (which is only what you see) crosses zero you have confirmation of the trend. Is it perfect? No. Is it very accurate? Yes. I use a CCI (5), and LWMA (4) of the CCI. I also set the window size from -135 to 135 for maximum effect. Perhaps some clever programmer has already done this (even with an alert) but, I haven't seen it. See the attached screen shot for example.

Happy trading,

gcgman

Files:

mladen:
I am not sure what is your question, but just a suggestion :

in that code default WPR levels are set to 5 and 95 . Since WPR can never exceed 0 (WPR oscillates in range of 0 to -100) then this code

if(WPR>=WPR_levelB)

will never be truth, since WPR_levelB is set to 95.

it is simply overbought levels or oversold, noе more

options many....

gcgman:
I looked for a thread under which to post this and this seemed the closest. The CCI indicator has sometimes been called a "predictor" because it sometimes moves in the new direction shortly before price does. It is my experience that there are too many false "predictions" to rely on this. Instead I use CCI for confirmation of trend or reversal. I do this by smoothing the CCI. I put CCI in a window giving it "none" for the color and a level of zero. Then I drag the LWMA of that indicator into the same window. When the LWMA (which is only what you see) crosses zero you have confirmation of the trend. Is it perfect? No. Is it very accurate? Yes. I use a CCI (5), and LWMA (4) of the CCI. I also set the window size from -135 to 135 for maximum effect. Perhaps some clever programmer has already done this (even with an alert) but, I haven't seen it. See the attached screen shot for example.

Happy trading,

gcgman

for the analog is better to take iCMF

Files:
hufyd.gif  25 kb

mladen:
Yes, but WPR is never positive (hence that condition can never be true for those parameter values)

that's for sure, for this is the indicator CCI

Files:
fgggipfypd.gif  46 kb

Read my previous post (added changed indicator you posted and an explanation).

all the best

ZIGANI:
that's for sure, for this is the indicator CCI

Yes, but WPR is never positive (hence that condition can never be true for those parameter values). Attaching one with conditions changed and you will see that now you have green arrows on that chart too (those were never shown on the original indicator). That was a consequence of wrong conditions in the code from your post

ZIGANI:
it is simply overbought levels or oversold, noе more options many....
Files:
_test1_1.mq4  3 kb

mladen:
Read my previous post (added changed indicator you posted and an explanation). all the best

Yes I know it, you can talk to you in a personal message?

gcgman:
i looked for a thread under which to post this and this seemed the closest. The cci indicator has sometimes been called a "predictor" because it sometimes moves in the new direction shortly before price does. It is my experience that there are too many false "predictions" to rely on this. Instead i use cci for confirmation of trend or reversal. I do this by smoothing the cci. I put cci in a window giving it "none" for the color and a level of zero. Then i drag the lwma of that indicator into the same window. When the lwma (which is only what you see) crosses zero you have confirmation of the trend. Is it perfect? No. Is it very accurate? Yes. I use a cci (5), and lwma (4) of the cci. I also set the window size from -135 to 135 for maximum effect. Perhaps some clever programmer has already done this (even with an alert) but, i haven't seen it. See the attached screen shot for example.

Happy trading,

gcgman

[attach=config]134346[/attach]

Привет.lwma (4) индикатор можно выложить?

Translation anyone?

WERT888:
Привет.lwma (4) индикатор можно выложить?

Can anyone please translate this to English?

gcgman

Reason: