S.P.U.B....a 5min channel cross

hi guys i originaly asked to see if i could possibly have an alert made for this cross and ended up with pm's asking for details of the system ,so here it is.

thinking behind the strategy........as with rather a lot of you i assume, i was fed up gettin my bum bitten by all the whipsaws when the market is ranging.and as i was messing around (again) with the charts i discovered(well to me it was a discovery)that you can put levels on moving averages(as i say not exactley a eureka moment) ,but i had not seen them used anywhere before(no doubt i will get overloaded with links to millions of them now )so after a lot of changing settings this is what i came up with.........now only been using this for a week so no great long term results to post BUT so far it has been profitable,i am only using this on the GBP/USD.

set up........(template below)

a 5 ema with levels set at +6 and - 6

a 40 ema with levels set at +6 and -6

and fibopiv_v2

rules.........nice and easy(just the way we like them.eh)

for a buy trade we enter on the cross up of the 5 ema level -6 and the 40 ema +6 and exit on the cross down of the same levels

for a sell trade we enter on the cross down of the 5 ema level 6 and the 40 ema level -6 and exit on the cross up of the same levels

sound confusing??????well they say a picture paints a thousand words thats why iv given you some below

exits.......as we know the exits are probablly more harder to get than the entrys,as i said above the exits are the cross back of the two levels,but i also use fibopiv levels to help me too,as you will see in the first trade this morning i came out at 10 pips as price was just under the resistance line.should also add that as its on a 5min chart unless i see a really strong trend im usually exiting around the 10 pip mark so far i have not had to wait till the exit cross to appear im usually out by then.

well thats about it i think anything else i will get back to you.

as i said this hasnt been used for me for very long and because it does filter out most of the ranging market,perhaps even a bit more than it should(hey is that a bad thing)you dont get a lot of signals think i had 3 in one day that was the most,so dont be expecting lots and lots of signals,better to have 1 good signal than 25 crap ones,after all the market does range 80% of the time(so they say),well have fun and hope you make some pips today

thestellaman

Files:

oops.....forgot to post the template and also fibopiv incase you need it too

p.s......would love if someone could come up with an alert an audible one preferably for this .

theanks thestellaman

nice

hey stellaman, nice system. it seems to keep you out of choppy, sideways market! does it work on other pairs and timeframe? anyway, nice job. i will keep an eye on it. it would be cool if someone could make an EA of it.

goodluck

Hi stellaman , thanks for your fantastic idea.

Look this nice short entry on AUD/USD

Files:
aud.gif  39 kb

nice move dirk... ,im still doing well with this also,as i said in original post it doesnt throw up a lot of trades but when it does they do make pips,so what more can u ask

Good System

Hi,

Thanks for your good system ....this's what I'm looking for...

hope it works well in GBP 5 m chart...

====================

Forex Indicators Collection

I respect your efforts to develop a system.

However, you need to explain a little the entries an exits.

First you said: "buy at high" and by the picture you are referring to a high outside the channel.

Second you said: "buy at high" and in the same picture "as you can see it never made another high so no trade"

According to your rules: buy at high but if there is another high?

what he means is this when the cross happens you play the break of the high of that bar that the cross happened

respect your efforts to develop a system.

However, you need to explain a little the entries an exits.

First you said: "buy at high" and by the picture you are referring to a high outside the channel.

Second you said: "buy at high" and in the same picture "as you can see it never made another high so no trade"

According to your rules: buy at high but if there is another high?

hi Linuxser, sorry if i wasnt clear enough for you,when the 5ema channel crosse's completly through the 40ema chanel,the bar that was made with the breakthrough is the bar that the buy/sell is made not the next bar or previous bar. we buy/sell on that bar the exits i have changed a bit now through adding the nonlagMA i have explained the changes in the video (u are more than welcome to download it and have a look) but i will post a screen shot for you as well,hope you better understand

Files:

hiya guys,ive made a few tweaks and twists to the S.P.U.B 5 min trading method and i think you are going to enjoy the results,i have made a video of the trades for august im uploading it to the server just now and will post the link when its completed,i have changed the settings on the ema channels and added the nonlagMA to help improve the stop losses which it has done considerably i think,i will post the new template and nonlagMa indicator below for anyone who wants it,here are the results of last months trades in a manual backtest .

28 trades

7 trades where not entered (or triggered)

10 winning trades

11 losing trades

pips won - 374

pips lost - 85

total pips gained for the month of august 289.

this was only on 1 pair the gbp/usd

enjoy and happy trading thestellaman

*edit* should add that spread is NOT included in these numbers

*trades for september so far at up 121 pips*

* same set up on 15min chart on gbp/usd up 158 pips in september so far*

here is the link to download the instruction video (the file called august trades)

http://hosted.filefront.com/thestellaman/

I can't download the video file......

Reason: