Outstanding trend indicator need help from senior programmer

I have been using this #MTF supertrend indicator for some time now and found it exceptional at giving trend, exit and entry points.

I have been trying for weeks to get the indicator to alert when the two lines cross

I can modify non #mtf and some of my attempts in the second version work, but then other time it does not.

Could someone either please

modify to alert as explained (not on colour change as in the first file, but in both lines crossing)

or explain to me how you do this, I suspect from the first file that it may be way beyond me

Please forgive the poxy programming attempts in the second version LOL

This is how I use it, I buy or sell on the line cross and wait for the line to close again to exit and purchase in the opposite direction.

Sometimes the gain is minimal, but mostly subastantial, but more importantly it seems infallible on 5 min chart, set to auto, probably you will tell me differently, but to date it has worked for me.

Thanks for any help

Can I have it tomorrow

increase:
I have been using this #MTF supertrend indicator for some time now and found it exceptional at giving trend, exit and entry points.

I have been trying for weeks to get the indicator to alert when the two lines cross

I can modify non #mtf and some of my attempts in the second version work, but then other time it does not.

Could someone either please

modify to alert as explained (not on colour change as in the first file, but in both lines crossing)

or explain to me how you do this, I suspect from the first file that it may be way beyond me

Please forgive the poxy programming attempts in the second version LOL

This is how I use it, I buy or sell on the line cross and wait for the line to close again to exit and purchase in the opposite direction.

Sometimes the gain is minimal, but mostly subastantial, but more importantly it seems infallible on 5 min chart, set to auto, probably you will tell me differently, but to date it has worked for me.

Thanks for any help

Can I have it tomorrow

Can you please post the "SuperTrend.mq4" as well?

there are a few versions

Files:

Sorry for the bother but when I load your #MTF Supertrend line.mq4, nothing shows up in the chart window ..

It compiled ok ..

Am using MT4 build 197 ..

Any ideas ??

Thnx ..

B

bullwinkle:
Sorry for the bother but when I load your #MTF Supertrend line.mq4, nothing shows up in the chart window ..

It compiled ok ..

Am using MT4 build 197 ..

Any ideas ??

Thnx ..

B

I don't know why that should be, works fine on mine, but the second one I called supertrend line, is exactly the same still MTF but I just took out the original colour change sound alert and had a go at my own alert for the cross, which is the part I want changing to work correctly.

At the moment does not always alert

So you can just use that one

still using?

Are you still using this?

Do you take every 5 min signal or only if the 15 is above the 30 min line?

RickW00716:
Are you still using this? Do you take every 5 min signal or only if the 15 is above the 30 min line?

I dropped it cos it repaints, using my trendwindow now

If it did not repaint and I could get the alert working properly it would be great

superetrend

The version I have been looking at seemed not to repaint.

What is the trendwindow you mentioned?