Easy Language Tutorial!

Hi folks!

I'll start soon writing a tutorial in Easy Language!

I want to hear your opinion and is it worth the time?

What is a Easy Language ? Is it something similar to MQL4 and what can it be use for ?

I am new to FX and hope to know more about FX trading using MQL4, please advise where should i start ? Thanks

El!

fccheah:
What is a Easy Language ? Is it something similar to MQL4 and what can it be use for ? I am new to FX and hope to know more about FX trading using MQL4, please advise where should i start ? Thanks
Hi fccheah,
Welcome to the world of MQL4!
The Easy Language is the programming language of TradeStation and the most of the MQL4 indicators have been converted from this language to MQL4. So, it's very important to the MQL4 programmers to know it. To start with MQL4 programming, I recommend go to metatrader.info and reading my tutorial !

codersguru:
Hi folks!

It's good to hear that. I would like to learn that also but can't find any info. I think it would be great.

codersguru:
Hi folks!

There will not be any second opinion.We are eagerly waiting for your lessons.Thanks in advance.

mq

mq4 is manipulated by brokers, so we need to convert from mq4 to tradestation.

does anyone know a tool which converts mq4 to easy language?

pip-gandalf:
mq4 is manipulated by brokers, so we need to convert from mq4 to tradestation. does anyone know a tool which converts mq4 to easy language?

What do you mean by "mq4 is manipulated by brokers"??? How can they manipulate binary code that is compiled and running???

That makes me worried!! Please elaborate...

Yet, to do so would require one of two things:

1. intervening in a just in time compilation process and changing the code - MT4 does not use JIT Compilation as MS Visual Studio unmanaged C++ doesn't do it...

2. manipulation of running binary code. That would require either an extremely sophisticated assembly level programatic manipulation tool that can do its dirty work in milliseconds (to provide such quick order fills, etc.) or on the fly decompilation with programmatic source code pattern recognition. Both of these technologies are in their extreme infancy and it is HIGHLY unlikely that they are being used.

How would a broker benefit from manipulating your MQ4? Why would they want to? I would think that there are enough bad traders out there so that they can profit without this level of meddling.

Now, running stops is a different matter altogether, but no programming language will help us with that!

Can you elaborate on your comment?

Best regards,

Cubesteak

Well....Here it is, a file containing the following EasyLanguage Books ( EasyLanguage version is probably quite old ( for TS 2000 i to TS 6 / 7 ..), but anyway useful...) :

David Jennings Code Snippets & How To's ( MetaStock, TradeStation, & AIQ ).pdf

EasyLanguage Manual.pdf

Getting Started With Tradestation Easylanguage.pdf

Simple And Series Functions In Easylanguage - Jurik.pdf

Strategy Trading - By Tradestation Technologies.pdf

Tradestation - Easy Language for TradeStation - Getting Started.pdf

TradeStation - EasyLanguage Reference Guide.pdf

Wiley - Building Winning Trading Systems with TradeStation, 2003.pdf

Jack_Schwager's (OMEGA RESEARCH) Complete Guide To designing and Testing Trading Systems CD (

POWER POINT).rar

STAD ( Strategy, Trading and Development ) - Easy Language Vol 1-13 - Omega Research - (CloneCD).rar

( to burn on acd with a burning program supporting CloneCD format )

Just go to :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4DK9BYN3

Bye

DV

Thanks alot codersguru!!!

I'm using www.prorealtime.com so I want to learn how to make my own indicator.

Thanks again

deleted post - see my other message below on the same thread.......

codersguru:
Hi folks!

Opinion? : FANTASTIC!

Is it worth the time? : I'm sure it would be great for more MT4 coders to be better able to access the vast library of EasyLanguage indicators and systems. This library was developed over many years, by many Tradestation users and now it's both huge and sophisticated. Many indicators that TS users take for granted are still unavailable in MT. I see people still struggling to find stuff like an MT version of the 'R-Squared' indicator, which is just an obvious, basic part of a traders toolkit, and is built-into Tradestation. There are many, many missing tools like this in the MT world. And, I have yet to see 'deeper tools' like Haar Wavelets in MT, not to mention cool stuff like the Discrete Cosine Transform, etc., etc..

The Metatrader organization should pay you for doing this. They should have done something like this themselves... a long time ago...

- - - -

On another note: If anybody knows of effective/efficient/userfriendly ways to use Tradestation with MT brokers, that would be huge. AFAIK, the available methods are pretty unwieldy or userUNfriendly ...

Tradestation's backtesting and especially optimization capabilities + non-dealing desk brokers = wealth engines within reach.

Reason: