Serious EA's Testing and Strategies

Hi All

I have been all over these forums for the last month or so and what I have noticed is that there is a Lacking of Serious Forward Testers and Continuty of EA Development...

NewDigital no offense as I am a member of the Elite Section...

We need to have long term testing of EA's as well as Continued Development as need based on Testing Results...

We need to eliminate backtesting as a practice for testing EA's

Lastly most of the EA's that exists, Gets WACKED by News, therefore we need to devote a Forum and some Time to creating Strategies that will help Ea's combat News...

Some Strategies Include:

Trade Hours

Trade Days

Profit Keeping/Locking (Based on % of Balance)

Money Management

Specific Pairs Traded

Using Weekly Trade-Setups based on Weekly Enconmic Calendar

Etc...

Just my own opinions

MarvinSk:
Hi All

I have been all over these forums for the last month or so and what I have noticed is that there is a Lacking of Serious Forward Testers and Continuty of EA Development...

NewDigital no offense as I am a member of the Elite Section...

We need to have long term testing of EA's as well as Continued Development as need based on Testing Results...

We need to eliminate backtesting as a practice for testing EA's

Lastly most of the EA's that exists, Gets WACKED by News, therefore we need to devote a Forum and some Time to creating Strategies that will help Ea's combat News...

Some Strategies Include:

Trade Hours

Trade Days

Profit Keeping/Locking (Based on % of Balance)

Money Management

Specific Pairs Traded

Using Weekly Trade-Setups based on Weekly Enconmic Calendar

Etc...

Just my own opinions

In elite section we have a lot of EAs testing (forward test). Some of them are testing since January/February this year. And with everything that you mentioned: with timefilters, without timefilters, based on breakout and not, based on news and so on. And we have everything in this public forum (most of).

The probem is probable is to sort everything.

The other problem is to express opinions. Sometimes I have my opinion as a trader (about some strategy developing) but my opinion as administrator may be different. Experienced traders should express opinions on the threads where EAs are developing or testing.

Besides, as you know i am doing this elte section alone so sometimes do not have a time to look at the some public threads. But if somebody starts some good development I may join with testing even here in public forum: I may test some EA(s) and post the results on public forum as well but it should be really serious development.

But you are right: there were a lot of request in public forum "please help to create EA" and after EA is created so only "thanks" and nothing else! No testing, no explanation. Sometimes I am taking some forgotten EA from public area, optimizing the settings and forward testing it in elite section for 6 month for example. And it is the problem in public forum when after EA creating this EA will be forgotten. We should reduce creating the strategies which one or two members needs only. If we are doing it for everybody so it should be usefull for everybody.

It should be like this: "please help to create EA because a lot of members in this forum are asking about it and will need it". In this case many people will participate in the development with many versions and so on.

When I am creating the strategies i am doing it for everybody. I know that some members are doing the same. But how many of us are doing it? Not many ...

In elite section we started to sort everything and will continue because some EAs were forward tested during the 8 months already so it may be some opinion about improvement. But if we will not have serious developments in public section we will have to start it in elite section but it will be the other story: the forum will be slowly moving from public to elite. I don't like this movement.

Because i am having one or two requests per month from the members of public forum to move some particular threads to elite secton to continue the develpment. If we will do it so the elite section will be as development section and we will have just indicators and EAs without explanation in public areas only.

It was good development from the beginning when the forum was started (elite section did not exist in that time): somebody created trading strategies (indicators), 3 or 5 people tested it manually (without EAs) during the 2 or 3 months, then 1 or 2 programers created several versions of EA. 2 or 3 people did forward test for 1 or 2 months for all the versions ... And we know this testers (they are well-known people). Yes it was like this in public forum. And nobody was affraid to express any opinions during the development. It was like this from the beginning.

Then testers said: "enough; we are 2 or 3 people testing and everybody is waiting for results? Enough!". So I am testing in elite section. When developers will say "enough" so we will start the development in elite.

Because nothing should be stopped.

The development should be interesting for everybody. And everybody should participate.

Reason: