Expert Advisor and metatrader 4...

How do I place an expert advisor to work in the metatrader 4???

Please, help me.

Thank you.

romildee:

Please, help me.

Thank you.

Just Put into your experts folder the EA's program than attach onto your chart

Hope this help

Specifically, the EA needs to reside on /Program Files//experts.

If it's compiles (.ex4) and resides there, you'll see it in the Navigator under Expert Advisors.

To put it on the chart, either left click it and drag it onto the chart or right click it and choose 'Attach to a chart' and it will attach to whichever chart is currently active.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

romildee:

Please, help me.

Thank you.

There are some useful threads:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172968

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173826

and the following:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

http://www.metatrader.info/

How to use an EA

To expand a bit on what was said here.

1. Make sure that you have all the indicators that your EA needs. There are both standard and custom indicators. How can you tell? If you follow the directions below, and you see an error akin to "can't open blahblah.ex4 on chart..." error messages in either the "Experts" or Journal tab of the Terminal (the terminal is down where your trades are shown...), then most likely you are missing an indicator. If so, find the right indicator and follow the second set of instructions below to get the right indicator working.
  2. Put the EA file in the \Program Files\\experts folder.
  3. If it is a .mq4 file, you will need to compile it. The easiest way is to just double click it, and it will open the MetaEditor. Third button from the right on the toolbar just under the menu bar, is the "Compile" Button. Click it. This outputs a file of the same name, just with a .ex4 file extension. The compile also triggers MT4 to reload the list of available experts, so you should now see your expert available in the Navigator window.
  4. If the EA that you have is a .ex4 file, then it is already compiled, so you just need to drop it in the Put the EA file in the \Program Files\\experts folder. You may need to close and reopen MT4 if you are just using a .ex4 file, as it may not be recognized in the "Experts" section of the Navigator automatically.
  5. To use the EA, open a new chart on the pair that you want to execute the EA on, say EURUSD. Change the chart to the recommended timeframe, say 30M.
  6. Drag the Expert from the Expert Advisors section of the Navigator to your newly opened chart. A dialog box will open that allows you to change any available options, etc.
  7. Most importantly, if you want this to LIVE TRADE, you must select the "Common" tab of this dialog box, and select "Allow live trading".
  8. If you don't want to remember to check live trading each time, you can go the the "Tools" menu in MT4, and select "Options". Then select the "Expert Advisors" tab and select the "Allow live trading" and your choice of manual confirmation or not. This should now apply to all of your EA's.
  9. Your EA should now be running on the chart. The EA will run until you manually remove it, or until you close the chart.
  10. If you want to follow along with your EA, it is highly recommended that you drop the Indicators that it uses on your chart as well. Then you can see what's going on...
  11. If you are missing a custom indicator as described in the first paragraph, follow these instructions.

12. Place the indicator file in the \Program Files\\experts\indicators folder.
  13. If it is a .mq4 file, you will need to compile it. The easiest way is to just double click it, and it will open the MetaEditor. Third button from the right on the toolbar just under the menu bar, is the "Compile" Button. Click it. This outputs a file of the same name, just with a .ex4 file extension. The compile also triggers MT4 to reload the list of available custom indicators, so you should now see your indicator available in the "custom indicators" section of the Navigator window.
  14. If the indicator that you have is a .ex4 file, then it is already compiled, so you just need to drop it in the Put the EA file in the \Program Files\\experts\indicators folder. You may need to close and reopen MT4 if you are just using a .ex4 file, as it may not be recognized in the "Custom Indicators" section of the Navigator automatically.

Your indicator should now be ready to use. Just drop it on a chart, and you are ready to go.

I know that it took me a few tries to get everything right the first time, so I figured I'd encapsulate information that is scattered in several places into a small "how-to".

Hope that helps!

Cubesteak

Reason: