Coding help - page 80

wintersky111:
Hi,

Can anyone take a look over this and see where i went wrong? I'm still very unsure about cycles. Tried my hand at simplifying the code by taking away the part which i did not want: the momentum/linear regression line. Compilation shows zero errors, but no Squeeze indicator (centre line) is drawn. The original and my modification as attached below.

Thanks!

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Wintersky

This one works OK now

mladen:
Wintersky This one works OK now

Thanks a lot Mladen (bear hug). Just wanted to use this as an alternate way to look at learning coding as for me personally, looking at the MQL4 Coding tutorials while beneficial, is too tough for me to understand/remember it that way, so i wanted to try learning by wild experimentation. Seems alittle too wild though= LOL!

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Hi, can someone to do modification for this ea from post#781 EA Smart System

Hi,

is there an indi by wich I can see the number of bars between two points...as in wave59?

thank's in advance

Files:
bar_count.gif  5 kb

Click on crosshair, drag it between two points on chart and first number is bars distance between this two points.

Hello ,

I need your help in Coding the bollinger bands .

It is known that bollinger bands width increase when the price is trending and decreases when the price is ranging (flat).

Actually i want the opposite , i need the width to increase when the price is flat and decrease when the price is trending , at the same ratio the normal bollinger bands work .

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience .

Files:
bands.mq4  3 kb

GainMoney:
Hello ,

I need your help in Coding the bollinger bands .

It is known that bollinger bands width increase when the price is trending and decreases when the price is ranging (flat).

Actually i want the opposite , i need the width to increase when the price is flat and decrease when the price is trending , at the same ratio the normal bollinger bands work .

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience .

GainMoney

It can not be done. The width of Bollinger bands is standard deviation (some more info on standard deviation can be found here : Standard deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) multiplied by some multiplier and you can not invert standard deviation to show smaller values when deviation is rising and opposite.

mladen:
GainMoney It can not be done. The width of Bollinger bands is standard deviation (some more info on standard deviation can be found here : Standard deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) multiplied by some multiplier and you can not invert standard deviation to show smaller values when deviation is rising and opposite.

you the one who knows , but i have a picture of a template of bands which shows the bands i want .

i may have observed wrongly the way the bands should work , but can you please watch the picture and tell me how it works .

Please can you make the template in the picture , or the band .

Thanks

Files:
bbwithout.png  118 kb

altoronto:
Click on crosshair, drag it between two points on chart and first number is bars distance between this two points.

Hi Altoronto,

thank you for the second time....!every day I use my indicator that you coded for me!

By the way......can you code my metastock formula at posts n° 463 and 467...this is the link:https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177239

If you need more explanation...ask me!

thank's in advance.

GainMoney:
you the one who knows , but i have a picture of a template of bands which shows the bands i want .

i may have observed wrongly the way the bands should work , but can you please watch the picture and tell me how it works .

Please can you make the template in the picture , or the band .

Thanks

That is not Bollinger band - it is a series of different length moving averages. See Guppy MMA or this template from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173641/page2 Adjust the periods of averages used and you can get exactly what you have on that picture. The one from that link (the ma-1200.tpl) looks like this :

Files:
mas.gif  119 kb
Reason: