Do anyone trust in backtest in m1 time frame in mt3

anyone trust the results of backtest from metatrader 3 in time frame m1?

Pedro Echenagucia

www.veninvgroup.com

No, m1 backtests cannot be trusted in MT3 or MT4.

And if you were a professional developer like you are pretending, you would know this.

lomme:
No, m1 backtests cannot be trusted in MT3 or MT4.

And if you were a professional developer like you are pretending, you would know this.

well. my mistakes. i reffer in scalper way, m1 is a reliable results in backtest in metatrader?

Pedro Echenagucia

www.veninvgroup.com

Hello everyones, right now i backtest in m1 my system and i share results here in forex-tsd. thanks

Pedro Echenagucia

www.veninvgroup.com

Files:
expresults.htm  83 kb

nice results

Hi

Nice Results.

You care to share u're system now - seems a bit weird - but profitable.

cardio:
Hi

Nice Results.

You care to share u're system now - seems a bit weird - but profitable.

this is a forward test results... i will keep doing test. thanks for your words.

Pedro Echenagucia

www.veninvgroup.com

Files:
statement.htm  9 kb

Hey everyone,

How can the backtester not be working, it seems quite unlikely! it is such a simple device. I have talked to them at interbank and they stand by it.

Are you sure its not just you guys that are programming your EAs wrong or forgetting that if you run a system on different timeframes you will, in both backtesting and real life, get wildly different results??

How about experienced MT users out there, are you also having trouble with the backtester in MT4?

Regards

Nick Frandsen

www.historicalfxdata.com

im thinking if it tested tick data the min would be ok but i dont think mt3 runs tickdata. also scalping will probably be the most inaccurate test you can do cuz if its off a few pips it can mean the difference between a win and a loss.

better run some good foward tests IMHO

frandsen_finance:
Hey everyone,

How can the backtester not be working, it seems quite unlikely! it is such a simple device. I have talked to them at interbank and they stand by it.

Are you sure its not just you guys that are programming your EAs wrong or forgetting that if you run a system on different timeframes you will, in both backtesting and real life, get wildly different results??

How about experienced MT users out there, are you also having trouble with the backtester in MT4?

Regards

Nick Frandsen

www.historicalfxdata.com

I will share only my personal experience. It does NOT work as expected. First, it does not use tick data - it simulates tick data using 1 minute OHLC and Volume. I have also run it over several months with a system that forward testing opens 5-10 trades per day and it only opened a handful of trades over months time in backtest. I have also tried to change key variables and it puts out the same results, obviously not real. Those are a few examples of mine.

Just to add this, I have probably read every post about backtesting with MT so my knowledge on the subject is not novice.

Thanks.

pelele79:
this is a forward test results... i will keep doing test. thanks for your words.

Pedro Echenagucia

www.veninvgroup.com

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for sharing your results.

I have 2 questions:

-Is this PedroXXMod?

-What are your settings?

TP: 50

SL: ???

GAP: 5 ?

MaxTrades: 1 ?

ReEntryGap: 1 ?

StartHour: 8 ?

EndHour: 16 ?

Pecunia non olet:
Hi Pedro,

Thanks for sharing your results.

I have 2 questions:

-Is this PedroXXMod?

-What are your settings?

TP: 50

SL: ???

GAP: 5 ?

MaxTrades: 1 ?

ReEntryGap: 1 ?

StartHour: 8 ?

EndHour: 16 ?

Hello and thanks for your words. no is not pedroxxmod. is a new system but is in test right now. today i open a demo account with 3000 usd$ (is a amount of money that everyone can invest) and i will share this system if work in real time. thanks

Pedro Echenagucia

www.veninvgroup.com

Reason: