R-Squared Indicator Request - page 5

R Squared Smoothed

Could you modify this indicator R Squared mtf in R Squared Smoothed with Signal line (all average)?

Thanks in advance.

Bebeshel

I don't think that smoothing the R-Squared is a good idea since it is not a "directional" indicator. Maybe the best is to read the document attached at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178384 ) post# 3 for an explanation of how it is best to use R-Squared

regards

bebeshel:
Could you modify this indicator R Squared mtf in R Squared Smoothed with Signal line (all average)? Thanks in advance.

"R Squared Smoothed" or if you have other ideas please .... .

Thanks, but I knew it, I use it as an indicator of strength of the trend, ... , as a trend indicator used RVI.

But in the 'form' current indicator gives too many signals, so asked you to do "smoothed", so please if you do not mind, you could do the

Files:

But in the 'form' current indicator gives too many signals, so asked you to do "smoothed", so please if you do not mind, you could do the R Squared Smoothed or if you have other ideas please .... .

Bebeshel

R-Squared is not "signaling". It is used to confirm (estimate) if there is a trend at all or not. Please read the document I was referring to. You already have a smoothed version of it on that indicator (it is what igorad introduced to it and I kept it for compatibility with igorads version) and you can use the smoothed value that is drawn instead of the R-Squared value if you prefer the smoothed value (set the RsqAverageto any value you wish, set the RsqAverageModeto any moving average method you prefer and there you have it). I repeat: it is not a signal line. That is all I can say about that "issue".

bebeshel:
But in the 'form' current indicator gives too many signals, so asked you to do "smoothed", so please if you do not mind, you could do the R Squared Smoothed or if you have other ideas please .... .

igorad:
Hi, I recently developed Linear Regression Slope indicator with standard algorithm from TradeStation.

Absolutely amazing indicator Igorad, thanks for coding it.

I would like a slight modification just add one more colour option for above or below 0.00 and possibly alert for crossing above or below 0.00.

Thanks a million.

Henrypips:
Absolutely amazing indicator Igorad, thanks for coding it.

I would like a slight modification just add one more colour option for above or below 0.00 and possibly alert for crossing above or below 0.00.

Thanks a million.

Henrypips, used a version from Mladen, to make the different colored histo with alerts.

mrtools:
Henrypips, used a version from Mladen, to make the different colored histo with alerts.

Thank you so much Mr Tools, I'm taking it for a spin once the markets re-open.

mrtools:

Once more thank you Mr Tools I appreciate the selfless effort you put into helping others along.

I have tried out the LR slope with alerts and it's doing quite well, however the problem I have with it is that the MAs I try to attach from the Indicators tab do not stay on the slope like they do on the regular LRS indie, it happens to be a great Counter Trend primer for me, the attached screenshot shows what I mean.

I don't know if you can fix it so the MAs can rotate and not cling to the bottom of the chart window.

Thanks once again

Henrypips:
Once more thank you Mr Tools I appreciate the selfless effort you put into helping others along.

I have tried out the LR slope with alerts and it's doing quite well, however the problem I have with it is that the MAs I try to attach from the Indicators tab do not stay on the slope like they do on the regular LRS indie, it happens to be a great Counter Trend primer for me, the attached screenshot shows what I mean.

I don't know if you can fix it so the MAs can rotate and not cling to the bottom of the chart window.

Thanks once again

Henrypips, built the Ma's in on this version, but they are ma's of the lr slope is this what your looking for?

Reason: