How to use .exp and .ex4 files

Hi, coudl you tel me how to run files: .exp and .ex4. I have only this compile files and I don't know how use it.

karp29:
Hi, coudl you tel me how to run files: .exp and .ex4. I have only this compile files and I don't know how use it.

Metatrader is using exp (MT3) and ex4 (MT4) files. That is why we are compiling the indicators and EAs in MetaEditor (to get ex4 files for MetaTrader).

Yes I know this, but I only have .ex4 file without .mq4. So is there a possibility to use it??

karp29:
Yes I know this, but I only have .ex4 file without .mq4. So is there a possibility to use it??

Yes if they were created not old build of MetaTrader4 for example.

I have MT4 4.oo build 191. And I don't know how they were created.

karp29:
I have MT4 4.oo build 191. And I don't know how they were created.

If you can see these ex4 files as indicators or EAs in navigation panel and can use it - so it is no problem.

Ok I know now. EA was in gray color and I think it isn't work. But they work!!

karp29:
Ok I know now. EA was in gray color and I think it isn't work. But they work!!

You know everything.

If grey color you can not use of course.

how to instal an EA ?

I know this may sound stupid but myself either don't know how to extract and install those EA files, the show in gray, sorry for the basic question. Val

Look at this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum (there are small video files there). And read post #7.

If you did everything in right way but your EA is in gray so look at here to see: may be you need some indicators to run this EA:

Files:
Reason: