Better Bollinger Bands... - page 9

Thanks MLaden.

There needs to be a small filter put in to dampen the signals, probably based on the previous expand/contract values - is this possible with this indicator?

I need to work out what the look back period is but if you could let me know the change is possible.

It looks like the filter would be 'if the values are less than 'xx' then ignore the signal' - but I need to thoroughly check next week.

Thanks again.

TEAMTRADER

mrtools:
This is Better Bollinger bands stop, indicator is mtf with alerts on better bollinger trend change.

Nice idea. Thank you mrtools

Bollinger bands with 2 STD

Hi Guys,

I hope you're fine,

Do you know if it exists an MT4 indicator how draw the space between 2 Bollinger Bands with 2 differents STD as on this picture with choice of the type of price (close/typical, totalprice etc..) ?

Thanks for your answer

Zilliq

Files:

zilliq:
Hi Guys,

I hope you're fine,

Do you know if it exists an MT4 indicator how draw the space between 2 Bollinger Bands with 2 differents STD as on this picture with choice of the type of price (close/typical, totalprice etc..) ?

Thanks for your answer

Zilliq

Zilliq

That kind of filled arrea can not be made using metatrader 4

Really ? I thought it was easy to draw 2 Boll Bands and color between as on my picture because metatrader can fill so many space on graph or oscillators

Thanks a lot Mladen, and have a nice day

Zilliq

zilliq:
Really ? I thought it was easy to draw 2 Boll Bands and color between as on my picture because metatrader can fill so many space on graph or oscillators

Thanks a lot Mladen, and have a nice day

Zilliq

Zilliq

That type of area fill can be made only using metatrader 5

In metatrader 4 all you can do is use histogram, and it will not look that smooth or nice (see this thread for an example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178821)

Thanks Mladen,

I will try to find an indicator who filled the space between the bollinger up and down, and add another smaller bollinger and make the difference

See U

zilliq:
Thanks Mladen,

I will try to find an indicator who filled the space between the bollinger up and down, and add another smaller bollinger and make the difference

See U

As I said : you can see how it can be done using metatrader 4 histogram at that thread, but the filled area will not always be filled (try different chart zooms and you will see immediately the gaps). On the other hand, if you set the histogram to be too wide, you will have a step like edges for upper and lower band

I am not taking about double bands for Bollinger (which is a childs game - only two lines of code more compared to simple Bollinger bands), but about impossibility to make such a smooth area fill using metatrader 4

All the best

Done

Thanks for your help Mladen and have a nice and beautiful day

Zilliq

Files:

zilliq:
Done

Thanks for your help Mladen and have a nice and beautiful day

Zilliq

Can you post it?

Reason: