Print("bars less than 100");

return(0);

}

if(TakeProfit<10)

{

Print("TakeProfit less than 10");

return(0); // check TakeProfit

}

Is preventing the ea to close orders at certain time if it is not a first tick of a new bar and if the profit is not > 10 pips

Hi mladen, I have removed that part of the coding and still my ea does not close at my desired timing.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason? Thanks.

Regards

Ryan

tkuan77:
Hi mladen, I have removed that part of the coding and still my ea does not close at my desired timing.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason? Thanks.

Regards

Ryan

The way it is written, it will close orders only, and only if the broker time is exactly 07:00:00

mladen:
The way it is written, it will close orders only, and only if the broker time is exactly 07:00:00

Hi mladen, is there any other way around this as it does not seem to be working here.

Regards

Ryan

tkuan77:
Hi mladen, is there any other way around this as it does not seem to be working here.

Regards

Ryan

Try using

If (TimeCurrent()>= StringToTime("07:00:00"))

instead

mladen:
Try using

If (TimeCurrent()>= StringToTime("07:00:00"))

instead

Hi mladen, it is still not working. I am wondering if it could be due to this lines here... either the OrdersTotal or OrderSelect might be causing the problem?

for (int i=OrdersTotal()-1; i>=0; i--)

{

if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES))

Regards

Ryan

tkuan77:
Hi mladen, it is still not working. I am wondering if it could be due to this lines here... either the OrdersTotal or OrderSelect might be causing the problem?

{

Regards

Ryan

No. Those lines are correct

mladen:
No. Those lines are correct

Hi mladen, because i set my ea to have only 1 trade at any point in time and i noticed that OrdersTotal set my int i count to negative 0 by 1-1, i>=0; i-- will make my i=-1

so was wondering if this could be the error.

else if(total > 1) //to close off orders based on timing... not yet resolved.

{

if (Hour()==7 && Minute()==30)

{

{

{

if (!UseCurrSymbol || OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY)

{

pBid=MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID);

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),pBid,1,Blue);

}

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL)

{

pAsk=MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK);

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),pAsk,1,Red);

}

}

}

}//

}

return(0);

}

tkuan77:
Hi mladen, because i set my ea to have only 1 trade at any point in time and i noticed that OrdersTotal set my int i count to negative 0 by 1-1, i>=0; i-- will make my i=-1

so was wondering if this could be the error.

else if(total > 1) //to close off orders based on timing... not yet resolved.

{

if (Hour()==7 && Minute()==30)

{

{

{

if (!UseCurrSymbol || OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY)

{

pBid=MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID);

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),pBid,1,Blue);

}

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL)

{

pAsk=MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK);

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),pAsk,1,Red);

}

}

}

}//

}

return(0);

}

Please replace this : f (Hour()==7 && Minute()==30) with the line I sent you and try then

OrdersTotal() will return 1 if there is an opened order. When using OrderSelect(), that 0 (OrdersTotal()-1) will select the correct order. If OrdersTotal() returns 0, then there are no opened orders in the active orders pool

mladen:
Please replace this : f (Hour()==7 && Minute()==30) with the line I sent you and try then OrdersTotal() will return 1 if there is an opened order. When using OrderSelect(), that 0 (OrdersTotal()-1) will select the correct order. If OrdersTotal() returns 0, then there are no opened orders in the active orders pool

Hi mladen, sad to say I just retried it again and its still not working.

Is there another way which I can close my trade based on specific timing?

Regards

Ryan

mladen:
Please replace this : f (Hour()==7 && Minute()==30) with the line I sent you and try then OrdersTotal() will return 1 if there is an opened order. When using OrderSelect(), that 0 (OrdersTotal()-1) will select the correct order. If OrdersTotal() returns 0, then there are no opened orders in the active orders pool

Hi mladen, I have managed to resolve the issue. it seems like this liner was causing the problem.. the code is working after i removed it.

else if(total > 1)

thanks for your assistance...

Regards

Ryan

Reason: