Newbie to Signals....Need Advices.

I am new to the signal subscription, I have following questions, 

1, after the subscription in the mt4, copies the stop, profit level, synchronized positions, then am I need to do anything else>, does the system will automatically deal with it?

2, during the subscription period, does the subscriber need to sit in front of the computer and monitoring?  does my MT4 system copy the signal provider and done it by itself?

3, Does my computer need to on all the time? what if I shut my computer, or my power or internet connection down?  am I disconnect to the signal provider? how to prevent this happen? 

4, during the subscription, can I trade other products other then than the provider?

I much appreciate your input. 

• Yes.
  • No need to sit. You can monitor about internet connection etc. But in case of VPS - you do nto need to monitor anything.
  • In case of VPS using - no need to be on all the time. Without VPS - yes, your PC should be on all the time connected with internet and broker's server.
  • Not, because it is not recommended by Metaquotes.

And this is the procedure about how to subscribe step by step:

Make sure you've followed the steps  below:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your Metatrader and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your Metatrader, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your Metatrader, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your Metatrader's Terminal Window.

6. Select the paymet method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your Metatrader open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your Metatrader, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.

15. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done.  

Sergey Golubev:

• Yes.
  • No need to sit. You can monitor about internet connection etc. But in a case of VPS - you do not need to monitor anything.
  • In a case of VPS using - no need to be on all the time. Without VPS - yes, your PC should be on all the time connected to internet and broker's server.
  • Not, because it is not recommended by Metaquotes.

And this is the procedure about how to subscribe step by step:

Thank you so much!!

I noticed that the internet connection matters.. if I choose a VPS, am I choose the one close to my home(locally, which has lower ping/ms.) or am I choose the one close to the signal provider?

Thank you again. 

Ben:

Thank you so much!!

I noticed that the internet connection matters.. if I choose a VPS, am I choose the one close to my home(locally, which has lower ping/ms.) or am I choose the one close to the signal provider?

Thank you again. 

It is best to choose a VPS service near to the signal broker's server.

Eleni Anna Branou:

It is best to choose a VPS service near to the signal broker's server.

if I am from North American, the signal broker is located in euro. the best VPS is chosen one in the euro zone? even it has higher ping? 

You should choose the VPS higher in the list with the lower ping value.

Ben:

if I am from North American, the signal broker is located in euro. the best VPS is chosen one in the euro zone? even it has higher ping? 

Copy the signal/trades are making from signal provider's broker server to your Metatrader (copy trades are not making from his metatrader to your metatrader; it is making on the way as the folllwing: broker's server to your metatrader). So, if you and signal provider on the same broker - you will have minimum delay.
Besides, if you are using MQL5 VPS (read my post above about HowTo) so the system will propose most good location for MQL5 VPS.

Besides, most good (ideal) situation is the following:

• you and your signal provider are on the same broker (by accounts);
  • you and signal provider are using MQL5 VPS.

Sergey Golubev:

Copy the signal/trades are making from signal provider's broker server to your Metatrader (copy trades are not making from his metatrader to your metatrader; it is making on the way as the folllwing: broker's server to your metatrader). So, if you and signal provider on the same broker - you will have minimum delay.
Besides, if you are using MQL5 VPS (read my post above about HowTo) so the system will propose most good location for MQL5 VPS.

That's true Sergey.

Sergey Golubev:

Thank you Sergey!!

I am in Canada, so Canada has very strict regulation for the broker, so the signal provider's broker likely not allow business in Canada. 

so what you/the procedure saying is, once I subscribe the signal, then the VPS provider(MQL5) will list the best VPS for that specific signal?

Yes, and choose the one with the lowest ping value.

Eleni Anna Branou:
Yes, and choose the one with the lowest ping value.

Thank you guys for the advises!!! all the best to you!!

Reason: