Purchased EA on MQL5 can't use it on my MT4 for Mac

Hello, I use Wine and my MT4 on my mac.

I just purchased an EA here, how can I use it on my mac version of MT4?

In options I added my mql5 user e password

and then?

thanks 

Unfortunately it is not possible.

Check with brokers that offer Mac account. Last I talked to Pepperstone about this they said they didn't know of anyone writing indicators or EAs for MAC operating systems.

You can run a Windows converter like Parallel or some of the others simpler than Boot Strap that will allow you to run MT4 or MT5 on a MAC but the crossover is till not possible on the conversion from MT5 to MT4 or vice versa.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/619

It should be the same principle for MT4 

MetaTrader 5 on Mac OS
MetaTrader 5 on Mac OS
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Apple products have become very popular. MetaQuotes Software Corp. attentively follows the progress of the IT industry and has already released the special mobile applications for iOS-based devices - MetaTrader 4 for iPhone and MetaTrader 5 for iPhone. There are many topics on MQL5.community forum, where people are seeking a solution for running MetaTrader 5 under Mac OS operating system. In this article, you will find out how to work with MetaTrader 5 via the Apple's popular operating system.

Marco vd Heijden:
Is it the same on MT4?  I don't have anything running Wine at the moment to check.

It's the same on both.

Only self compiled indicators and ea's will work so not the bought ones from market.

Marco vd Heijden:

It's the same on both.

Only self compiled indicators and ea's will work so not the bought ones from market.

Thanks 
Reason: