Technical question

I am running mt4 on a Windows 7 system. Windows is on a SSD as C: drive. I have a storage drive F: that I have most programs install on. In order to not fill the SSD I direct downloads to the F: drive. Currently I have a notice that the C: drive is full. I am unable to run Strategy tester because of this. I an wanting to direct these MT4 files and Strategy Tester file to my F: drive. How can I do this, please?

shockr:
I am running mt4 on a Windows 7 system. Windows is on a SSD as C: drive. I have a storage drive F: that I have most programs install on. In order to not fill the SSD I direct downloads to the F: drive. Currently I have a notice that the C: drive is full. I am unable to run Strategy tester because of this. I an wanting to direct these MT4 files and Strategy Tester file to my F: drive. How can I do this, please?
You save Files outside of the mt4-folders only by Windows-Function of kernel32.dll

It's probably the tester that have filled your drive up. I had the same problem.

You can download that application and find what files are taking the space in your C drive: https://windirstat.net/

In my case was a huge 180Gb log file in Metatrader's tester folder. 

WinDirStat
  • windirstat.net
WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for various versions of Microsoft Windows. Note: if you are looking for an alternative for Linux, you are looking for KDirStat (apt-get install kdirstat or apt-get install k4dirstat on Debian-derivatives) or QDirStat and for MacOS X it would be Disk Inventory X or GrandPerspective...

Eleni Anna Branou:

It's probably the tester that have filled your drive up. I had the same problem.

You can download that application and find what files are taking the space in your C drive: https://windirstat.net/

In my case was a huge 180Gb log file in Metatrader's tester folder. 

Thanks for this. I eliminated 170+ Gb from Tester History.

Carl Schreiber:
You save Files outside of the mt4-folders only by Windows-Function of kernel32.dll
Thank you. I know nothing about the "Function of kernel32.dll". I am still looking to rerout the Strategy Tester file to my F: drive. Can you direct me for more help, please?
Reason: