Download MetaTrader 5

Adding currency pair to EA

To add comments, please log in or register
tippy
tippy  

I would be most grateful if someone can help me with my problem!

I currently have very similar EA's that work fine on 5 different instruments (mostly currency pairs) - but if and only if I have no current open positions.

I am a very beginner programmer and have adapted a program I obtained here to suit my needs.  As implied above, the issue I have is that my EA's all seem to work ok as long as I have no current positions opened - i.e. a new open position will not be placed by any EA on the 5 separate charts I have open if any open position is current on any of the 5.  I thought magicnumber would sort this out but it hasn't.

I now think it is related to the code below (in all 5 EA's) , specifically the orderstotal, if(total<1) part.  I was thinking if I could add some code that states AND INSTRUMENT IS xxxxxx then this might sort it out (given that the 5 EA's are all on different instruments).  Does anyone know if I am right and if so, how to do this?

int cnt, ticket, total;

total=OrdersTotal();
   if(total<1)
     {
      if(GetSignal()==1 && Time[shif]!= LastTime)
        {
         ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Bid-SL*Point,Ask+TP*Point,"",MagicNumber,0,Green);
         if(ticket>0)LastTime = Time[shif];
         return(0);  

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  
Either by OrderSymbol() or by OrderMagicNumber().
tippy
tippy  
Marco vd Heijden:
Either by OrderSymbol() or by OrderMagicNumber().

Thanks for the reply Marco.  Where would I add this in the program?  if(total< 1 and OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber) for example?  Would that work?

Edit:  Don't think it will because total trades <1 still applying

Edit, Edit : it's AND so maybe it will?  Please help!
Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

inside of the OrderSelect() loop.

Then you can count orders for each symbol in stead of ordersTotal

whroeder1
whroeder1  
tippy
tippy  
tippy
tippy  
Marco vd Heijden:

inside of the OrderSelect() loop.