Discussion of article "Indicator for Kagi Charting"

New article Indicator for Kagi Charting has been published:

The article "Indicator for Point and Figure Charting" has described one of the programming ways of creating Point and figure chart. This chart is known since the 19th century. However, this is not the only chart from the remote past. Another notable representative of the early types of the financial market representation is Kagi chart. This chart will be discussed in the present article.

The stock exchange – financial institution unfamiliar to the 19th-century Japan – has been established in May 1878. It is known as Tokyo Stock Exchange nowadays. This event played a vital role in creating and subsequent development of Kagi charts. Europe and USA came to know Kagi charts after the publication of Steve Nison's "Beyond Candlesticks: New Japanese Charting Techniques Revealed" in 1994.

The Japanese words "Kagi" means an L-shaped key that was in use at the time of the chart development. Also, there is a modified version of the name – "key chart". In Steve Nison's "Beyond Candlesticks", you can also find alternative names of the chart: price range chart, hook chart, delta or chain chart.

What is so special about this chart? Its main feature is that it ignores the time scale leaving only the price one (unlike Japanese candlesticks, bars and lines). Thus, the chart hides inconsiderable price fluctuations leaving only the most significant ones.

The chart represents a set of thick Yang and thin Yin lines replacing each other depending on the market situation. In case the market moves in the same direction, the line is extended reaching a new price range. However, if the market turns back and reaches a predefined amount, the Kagi line is drawn in the opposite direction in the new column. The predefined amount is set either in points (usually used for currency pairs), or in percentage value of the current price (usually used for stocks). The line thickness varies depending on the closest High or Low breakthrough.

The article proposes Kagi chart indicator with various charting options and additional functions. Also, indicator charting principle and its MQL5 implementation features are considered. The most popular cases of its implementation in trading are displayed - Yin/Yang exchange strategy, pushing away from the trend line and consistently increasing "shoulders"/decreasing "waists".

Indicator for Kagi Charting

Author: Dmitriy Zabudskiy

MetaQuotes:

New article Indicator for Kagi Charting has been published:

Author: Dmitriy Zabudskiy

I agree with this style of trading 110% it offers an amazing advantage to traders.. Dmitriy Zabudskiy I wanted to give you my sincere gratitude  for coding what I have been trying to code for some time and your code opens up amazing possibilities for others as well.  Спасибо друг
Dmitriy Zabudskiy
Dmitriy Zabudskiy
  • www.mql5.com
AABB - Active Analyzer Bulls and Bears is created to indicate the state to what extent a candlestick is bullish or bearish. The indicator shows good results on EURUSD H4 chart with default settings. When the indicator line crosses 80%...

q.import:
I agree with this style of trading 110% it offers an amazing advantage to traders.. Dmitriy Zabudskiy I wanted to give you my sincere gratitude  for coding what I have been trying to code for some time and your code opens up amazing possibilities for others as well.  Спасибо друг
Thank you! I hope the next article you will like it too (it will continue a series of articles indicators), the code is now in development, I think in the near future with permission to publish. Regards, Dmitry.
Reason: