Huge Chart Discrepancy - page 3

Thank you so much for all your inputs and help! Greatly appreciated. I will have to go investigate and check my charts out to see how i can use them to my benefit.

supercallim:
Thank you so much for all your inputs and help! Greatly appreciated. I will have to go investigate and check my charts out to see how i can use them to my benefit.
As I was intrigued by your issue, I checked Oanda chart on CADCHF Daily, and it's messed up with Saturday candle at some points in the past (server v20 Practice). So the supposition of Fernando was the good one, though it's a bit unexpected to find Saturday candles.

Alain Verleyen: As I was intrigued by your issue, I checked Oanda chart on CADCHF Daily, and it's messed up with Saturday candle at some points in the past (server v20 Practice). So the supposition of Fernando was the good one, though it's a bit unexpected to find Saturday candles.

It is actually not that unexpected! Since the US, EU and Asian Daylight Savings change-over dates don't usually coincide (especially long ago), during the period between the two regional change-over dates, the week can be pushed either back or forward an hour, depending on the time-zone and Currency Pair in use.

Nowadays, it is less common because the change over dates are more in sync, but it still happens every now and then!

Fernando Carreiro:

It is actually not that unexpected! Since the US, EU and Asian Daylight Savings change-over dates don't usually coincide (especially long ago), during the period between the two regional change-over dates, the week can be pushed either back or forward an hour, depending on the time-zone and Currency Pair in use.

Nowadays, it is less common because the change over dates are more in sync, but it still happens every now and then!

It's a bit unexpected to me to see a big broker like Oanda keeping Saturday history data with 1 or 2 ticks. I really don't see how that could be useful.

Alain Verleyen:
It's a bit unexpected to me to see a big broker like Oanda keeping Saturday history data with 1 or 2 ticks. I really don't see how that could be useful.
Maybe they just wanted to be rigorous or maybe it is just data glitches!

supercallim:

Hello!

what do you mean by "What I did is to translate the points I used to calculate the Trendline equation in the original timeframe into the equivalent points in the other scale". How do you do this?

Anyway, you mean this is a known problem of MT4?

I meant the point described by Keith Watford, the anchor points matter. For example, if you draw a trend line using the peak of a day then find where was the peak on the lower timeframe during that day, then use that new point to draw your new line (of course do it for all the points). That's what I meant by translating the points to the lower timeframe. That will correct the discrepancy. 

Anyway, you mean this is a known problem of MT4?:  well, it's been years I wrote my trendlines lines of code, I noticed that dicrepency as you've done, it's obvious if you switch to another timeframe. Once you realize why it is so, then you cannot say it's a problem of MT4, or that it's a problem, it's just a translation into another reference system, here another time scale with another group factor for building the candles. 

jacques366:

supercallim:

Hello!

what do you mean by "What I did is to translate the points I used to calculate the Trendline equation in the original timeframe into the equivalent points in the other scale". How do you do this?

Anyway, you mean this is a known problem of MT4?

I meant the point described by Keith Watford, the anchor points matter. For example, if you draw a trend line using the peak of a day then find where was the peak on the lower timeframe during that day, then use that new point to draw your new line (of course do it for all the points). That's what I meant by translating the points to the lower timeframe. That will correct the discrepancy. 

Anyway, you mean this is a known problem of MT4?:  well, it's been years I wrote my trendlines lines of code, I noticed that dicrepency as you've done, it's obvious if you switch to another timeframe. Once you realize why it is so, then you cannot say it's a problem of MT4, or that it's a problem, it's just a translation into another reference system, here another time scale with another group factor for building the candles. 

Okay let me try and sort it out! Thank you!