MT4 to MT5

It seems that MT4 will disappear and be replaced with MT5. Please can somebody tell me whether this will mean that my MT4 EA will need to be modified?

As far as I know there has not been any statement here from Metaquotes about their intentions.

A third party source has reported that there will not be any further updates to MT4.

We have no idea what this actually means, it may be that MT4 will continue as it is.

If MT4 is discontinued, then yes, your EA will have to be modified to work in the MT5 platform.

Personally, I would be surprised if MT4 is suddenly discontinued, I would hope that if that is intended, then Metaquotes will inform us of their intentions.

Kenneth Bachelor:
It seems that MT4 will disappear and be replaced with MT5. Please can somebody tell me whether this will mean that my MT4 EA will need to be modified?
It means that we can not install MT4 from this mql5 portal anymore (MQ will not create new builds for MT4). We need to install MT4 from the brokers' website.
Brokers are still proposing MT4 in usual way so not a problem at all.

read this discussion thread for example.

Keith Watford:

As far as I know there has not been any statement here from Metaquotes about their intentions.

A third party source has reported that there will not be any further updates to MT4.

We have no idea what this actually means, it may be that MT4 will continue as it is.

If MT4 is discontinued, then yes, your EA will have to be modified to work in the MT5 platform.

Personally, I would be surprised if MT4 is suddenly discontinued, I would hope that if that is intended, then Metaquotes will inform us of their intentions.

Yes, that's right.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4

Ashok, 2016.11.29 19:17

Kindly advise how does one change from MT5, to use ONLY MT4 platform please

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4

Sergey Golubev, 2016.11.29 19:20

Select MT4 broker, go to the broker's website, download MT4 and install it as MT4.

---------

I am moving your post to this discussion thread.

Reason: